Scott Pioli headed to KC -- Edwards likely out

Mike

Administrator
Interesting to see just what Pioli can do, given the speculation of who has been doing what in New England.

First move would have to be removing Edwards though, that would (should) be a given for anybody taking over that club.

Mike

Administrator
With Edwards out, the players will be allowed to say bad words in training camp again!

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Chefs could pull off a pretty big rebound if he gains the proper amount of authority. He needs to purge the lineups of dead weight. We also see who was the real wizard behind the Patriot's curtain; Pioli or Belicheck?

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
YOU PLAY.

TO WIN.

THE GAME.

I love it when people in positions of authority make statements like these. That one was an all-time classic. It's like they feel as though they have some profound insight that nobody else can see. I remember when George W. was speaking loudly to the press about how beheadings in Iraq were bad. He kept rephrasing it and repeating himself as if nobody really agreed with him...

Beheadings are BAD? You don't say. You play to WIN the game? Really...? I didn't know that. :)

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Pioli may be the most hyped GM I can think of to land with a new team. The expectations are going to be unrealistically high considering he built his name largely on the (dumb luck) drafting of Tom Brady #199 overall.

It'll be interesting to see whether Pioli can continue his success with a new franchise and whether it'll be good enough to turn around a really awful team.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
It was the cameraman!

lol

Also Rodney Harrison's HGH delivery guy... and the BB injury report every offseason, regular season...

seriously though, there was some cheating going on.

How long is Bill signed for???

I'm not sure of the exact number - but he signed what I'd like to wager was a 5 or 6 year extension last season. This was shortly after spygate broke.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Pioli may be the most hyped GM I can think of to land with a new team. The expectations are going to be unrealistically high considering he built his name largely on the (dumb luck) drafting of Tom Brady #199 overall.

It'll be interesting to see whether Pioli can continue his success with a new franchise and whether it'll be good enough to turn around a really awful team.
First, this is a great hire for KC. I think Herm is gone, and look for R.Ryan to be targeted.

Second, so does this lock Heckert from Philly in the Cleveland job??

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
heckert already withdrew his name after they hired a coach. they will have to settle for another name now that they decided to do it backwards.