Saints release Shockey-Jimmy Graham shoots up the charts

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
msn.com,

The New Orleans Saints released four-time Pro Bowl tight end Jeremy Shockey on Tuesday.

It was clear that this was coming.

Last edited by a moderator:

kayk

Re: Saints release Shockey

Yes it was a good story. And I would seriously LOVE to see them get rid of bush. I just don't like him and to me he's not the best player. He doesn't seem to run all that good. Yeah, he's okay, but they have a lot of players that run just as well if not better than reggie.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Re: Saints release Shockey

cbssports.com,
Following the release of Jeremy Shockey from the Saints' roster, as reported by FOXSports.com, second-year TE Jimmy Graham will be expected to take over as the team's primary starter. Graham's rookie campaign ended with 31 grabs for 356 yards (11.5 avg.) and five touchdowns with all but five catches for 49 yards coming in the Saints' last eight games.
Analysis: It became convincingly clear last season that Drew Brees liked throwing to Graham given that he's a big athletic target. He's going to become a hot commodity in Fantasy drafts this summer now that he's likely landed a large role. Expect him to fly off draft boards starting in Round 7 this summer. He's got enough potential to be a reliable tight end in your active lineup.

Coachnorm

The New Orleans Saints are opening to re-signing free-agent TE Jeremy Shockey this offseason if he is willing to take a backup role, reports Jeff Duncan, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
His leadership and love of the game as well as his support for the New Orleans area would be nice to keep around. Jimmy could use another year of lessons as well. For much less money and as a non-starter I'd be in favor of resigning him.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
He could still start for a couple teams I believe. Not that he is that good, but there are teams out there with TEs that bad.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The half a season or so that he's able to play he still produces Sarge, no doubt about that. He's been really good in the community and is a fan favorite in the Big Easy.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Shockey passed a medical examination by the Miami Dolphins today and could end up there splitting reps with current TE Anthony Fasano in a terrible fantasy situation for both of their owners.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I think if you use him right you can get the whole year out of him. The key is going to be pulling him off the field in any game where you have it won or its a lost cause.

The guy is a proven winner and two time Super Bowl Champion. Faisano is a huge deficiency in the Dolphins offense.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
I think a change of pace will do Shockey some good. He was getting to comfortable on the Saints and just expected Brees to keep tossing him ball even though the young talent around him were all working harder to gain the touches.

I can see Shockey going to Miami and agree with Sarge that he can beat out Fassano. But that's just because Fassano won't give Shockey much to compete against.... sorry Fassano, but you only pluck a few sweet apples during the season. Otherwise, I tend to forget you're on the field.