Saints RB Pierre Thomas Is Healthier Than RB Mike Bell.

Coachnorm

Those waiting to play Saints RB Pierre Thomas may get their wish. RB Mike Bell is nursing a knee injury and while Bell hasn't been ruled out of this weeks games some Saints beat writers are suggesting Bell may miss some game time with his injury.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I expect that we'll see the best that the PT Cruiser can deliver. It had to be tough on him watching his starting gig in the NFL slip away.

Jvirtue55

So should I start him or Run DMC i dont want to start Barber with the Injury and Rice against the Browns should be nice

Arctic Dawgs

This is not gonna be good all season long. Which 1 of them is gonna be the healthiest ? I think this has developed into a suprising RBBC. PT looks to have the big edge this week. Next week dunno:

Source: cbssportline.com

Fantasy Analysis:
We'll keep tabs on both Thomas and Bell leading up to Sunday's game, but if Bell doesn't get any practice in, his Cinderella story-like ride to Fantasy prominence will likely come to a screeching halt. Fantasy owners should prepare to use healthier Fantasy options for Week 3. If anything changes with Bell, we will let you know.
(Updated 09/24/2009).

cctekguy

Staff member
Bell is officially OUT for this Sunday's game.

New Orleans running back situation is in a state of flux going into Sunday's game against Buffalo as leading rusher Mike Bell won't play. Bell missed practice all week with a sprained MCL in his right knee. Coach Sean Payton didn't want to discuss the running back rotation after Friday's practice. The Saints could use a trio of running back against the Bills with Pierre Thomas, Reggie Bush and Lynell Hamilton all seeing possible action.
(Updated 09/25/2009).

With Bell out, Thomas @ < 100%, and Sean Payton's penchant for using anybody and everybody, I'd be reluctant to start any Saint's RB except Bush.

....and Bush is starting to look like a "Must Start".