Saints RB Pierre Thomas Calls Himself Questionable for Week 1 - Update: OUT

Coachnorm

The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports New Orleans Saints RB Pierre Thomas (knee) called himself "questionable" for the team's Week 1 game. Thomas has been sidelined since spraining his MCL in his right knee two weeks ago. Thomas said, "My main focus is trying to get back for the first game. But if it's not ready, it's not ready. I can't push it." Thomas estimated his injured knee to be at "65 percent" full strength.

Coachnorm

You didn't get excited over that report. OK, Monday he was seen limping in the locker room also from what I have read he also cut his foot on a fence requiring stitches. Don't expect him to practice Wednesday(tomorrow) and you best keep a close eye on him all week.

Those of you who took a late flyer or WW stab on RB Mike Bell may have a surprise starter this week. Remember it is always good to have the Saints #3 RB if your rosters are large. Just ask RC, he knows.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
The more and more we hear, the less and less I believe he will start this week. Reggie Bush owners could also rejoice over this news as his running game involvement may be increased some if Thomas is out.

Coachnorm

The more and more we hear, the less and less I believe he will start this week. Reggie Bush owners could also rejoice over this news as his running game involvement may be increased some if Thomas is out.

Bush owners are probably happy as even if Pierre answers the bell, he may not be that effective. Brees owners also, probably even more passing.

Remote Controller

I feel they protect Reggie too, and throw to him out in space, and let Bell do the bull work. I can't justify starting Bell over Westbrook, or Taylor though. :worried3:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
First I disagree that an injury to P.Thomas is GOOD for Bush.

Folks, Bush simply is not an every down back, and if he is called to be an every down back you will end his career, at least this year early....and will put more pressure on Brees to win the game.

If P.Thomas is out....look for M.Bell to be called on to run the bulk of the plays...and let Bush be used for his strength...change of pace and split out all over the field.

Jvirtue55

Man I have him on both my money teams but I have Ray Rice as my back up so ill start him against the chiefs this week

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
First I disagree that an injury to P.Thomas is GOOD for Bush.

Folks, Bush simply is not an every down back, and if he is called to be an every down back you will end his career, at least this year early....and will put more pressure on Brees to win the game.

If P.Thomas is out....look for M.Bell to be called on to run the bulk of the plays...and let Bush be used for his strength...change of pace and split out all over the field.

You're spot on with your call Phicin, Bush will not get the majority of the running touches this weekend or ever for that matter. He's proven he isn't worth doodly squat going through the middle of the line and has zero ability at getting the tough one or two yards.