Saints cut Smith & Harper Et Al

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
That's Will Smith and fan favorite Roman Harper. Boo-Hoo and now the chopping block is open for my lads in Black & Gold to get below the cap so that they can retain Jimmy (I wanna be a WR) Graham.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
And the beat goes on down in the Big Easy as CB Jabari Greer joins DE Will Smith and SS Roman Harper as long-time Saints who were given their pink slips Wednesday. New Orleans cleared nearly $17 million in cap space with the three terminations.

Jackson

The Green Phoenix
Staff member
Who is Roman Harper a favorite for? On Saints Report, it seems like he was always being raked across the coals for his coverage skills.

Nevertheless, though, even though Jabari was the only one who made a significant contribution to our revamped defense last year, these were really good (and for Vilma, almost great) players in their prime and were key contributors to the XLIV squad. As for Smith, any time you're on the same roster for a decade, you had to have done something right. It was time to cut them to look ahead to the future, and I wish them the best (although I don't know if all of them find roles elsewhere, especially Vilma with his knees). I would like to extend a big THANK YOU from the Who Dat nation to Smith, Harper, Vilma, and Greer.