S.Holmes Fined 10 Grand

Arctic Dawgs

I wonder how those 15 yds would have affected the game

from Fanball;

Feb 18, 2009 06:01 PM CST
Holmes fined for Super Bowl TD celebration

The News
NFL.com reports that Pittsburgh wide receiver Santonio Holmes has been fined $10,000 by the NFL for using he football as a prop during the celebration of his Super Bowl-winning touchdown catch.

Our View
NFL rules state a player may celebrate a score but must not do so while including the football as part of that celebration.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
so he can be fined but no flag?? Boy, wish the officials would do their job and throw the flag like they would have if it was TO...COC....SS....

efactor

Coming at you
Websters definition of a "slap on the wrist".........

IMO this just makes the NFL look like a bunch of goombas. They didn't call an obvious penalty that could have affected the game, but give the guy a 10K fine. For celebrating none the less. :rolllaugh:

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Garbage....pure garbage. But then again this is the same league that fined a guy for doing snow angels so what else could be expected?

RLLD

I think the celebration-related fines and penalties are insipid. What they should do it fine the likes of Ward and others for their head-hunting actions.

Mike

Administrator
Holmes deserves to be fined. Anybody that would stoop so low as to wake up on Sunday and put on a Steelers uniform needs to be fined at least once a month.
:nannie:

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Holmes deserves to be fined. Anybody that would stoop so low as to wake up on Sunday and put on a Steelers uniform needs to be fined at least once a month.
:nannie:

:xpissed:

To quote a Denver icon, "I cahn't hear what your tahlking about over all the rings plugging my ears."