Roulette wheel for LA??

hikeNbike

What ever happened to the Jacksonville talk that was around a couple years back?
Was wondering the same thing seems like the Jaguars were always first team brought up for a move a couple years ago but not mentioned anymore. Guess they got their issues resolved?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
They got some needed enhancements paid by Jacksonville to the stadium. That and rumor is they will get first shot if a franchise is moved to Europe.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Wrong.. Numbers CLEARLY show LA can support an NFL team. Two teams? Nah. The Rams were here for 50 years, bring them home and only them.
Sorry, but you are wrong. Numbers are not comparible between football and baseball. LA had the Rams and the Raiders, and failed on both due to lack of fan support and lack of financial backing. With all the shenanigans I doubt they will be much more successful this time. It was one reason I was hopeful for Kroenke, as he was building the stadium himself, but I think he has ticked off too many older owners to get the votes needed.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Sorry, but you are wrong. Numbers are not comparible between football and baseball. LA had the Rams and the Raiders, and failed on both due to lack of fan support and lack of financial backing. With all the shenanigans I doubt they will be much more successful this time. It was one reason I was hopeful for Kroenke, as he was building the stadium himself, but I think he has ticked off too many older owners to get the votes needed.
Don't be sorry... Cuz I'm not wrong. As I said, numbers clearly show that LA will be able to pack an NFL stadium on a weekly basis. Back in the 80's/90's there were 100,000 fans going to NFL games in LA on any given Sunday. The new stadium, wherever its built, will be PACKED!

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
LA will be a sell out every single week.

It won't be by football fans either. It'll be the hot new place to be every week for everyone in that area

hikeNbike

Question won't be year 1 or even 3 but will it have staying power 5-7 years out. For the record I think it works out if they move one team. Not so sure if they move two.

hikeNbike

They got some needed enhancements paid by Jacksonville to the stadium. That and rumor is they will get first shot if a franchise is moved to Europe.
I wish nfl would back off this London thing. I guess I get their trying to grow the fanbase but an do I hate those games in London. Early starts. They are seriously cutting into my drinking Saturday nights if I have to get up early to set my lineups.

MongerKhan

Staff member
NFL relocation committee recommended that SD and Oak joint relocation plan be approved

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
It's Chargers and Rams that are supposed to be approved for relocation to the Inglewood site in LA.... Per Rotoworld.

MongerKhan

Staff member
Yeah that all went to hell after I posted that. The committee was in favor of San Diego and Oakland building a Stadium together. However all the owners were for the Rams moving along with another team. Apparently now the San Diego Chargers have until January 2017 to join the Rams in Inglewood. It was done this way to give San Diego one last chance to make a bid to keep the Chargers in SD.

Arctic Dawgs

1 thing I saw quite a while back was that Khan (sp ??) was from StL and tried to buy the Rams a long time ago. He supposedly has a very good relationship with local StL area politions and they would build him a stadium and not for Kronke. Now that Jax has renovated their stadium don't know if he would still (be allowed to) move the team there though

MongerKhan

Staff member
So there some layers to this that I didn't know until now.

The Raiders are essentially homeless. They have no stadium deal. They could end up anywhere

If and when San Diego chooses to stay then Oakland has until Jan 2018 to choose to come to LA

MongerKhan

Staff member
1 thing I saw quite a while back was that Khan (sp ??) was from StL and tried to buy the Rams a long time ago. He supposedly has a very good relationship with local StL area politions and they would build him a stadium and not for Kronke. Now that Jax has renovated their stadium don't know if he would still (be allowed to) move the team there though
As of last report, he has no desire to move as of now because he got the improvements he wanted

Phicinfan

Administrator
So, reading up on this more...

It looks like San Diego will also move to Inglewood with the Rams, with the NFL helping to drive negotiations with Kroenke. If true, wonder if that was part of the reason his deal went through?

Also, that mean Raiders are out, and they don't have a lease for next year in Oakland. So.....do they:
Go to St. Louis - Nope, at least Raiders say no.
Go to Oakland? - I don't think they stay, as they are purposely outing Oakland in all their messages.

San Antonio? They visited multiple times, and San Antonio has a venue ready, and could be a good fit.

Only time will tell.