Roulette wheel for LA??

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay, have been reading some really interesting stuff on a potential team moving to LA.

Here in summary is what I have seen....

1) There will be at least ONE team get approved in January for a move to LA.
2) there are about three potential solutions....none are perfect, and none yet have full 28 vote support.
Option 1 - Let Kroenke get LA approval, and build his own stadium in Inglewood. - this has some major negatives, as Kroenke has really upset some of the older owners, and they would love to stuff this on him.
Option 2 - Let the Carson stadium be built, and move Raiders and Chargers into it - neither team can afford to build their own, and by doing this the stadium will always be filled and gaining money. It is the most cost effective option. Also a plus is a late move in by Iger of disney to help fund and run it. Possibly buying into one of the teams.
Option 3 - Have Rams and Raiders or Chargers go to Inglewood - again stadium in full use, paid by Kroenke to appease those he ticked off, but the other team has to rush to find a new home and both have said they will not move to St.Louis.
Option 4 - Rams and Raiders or Chargers move to Carson - this will be more challenging to build, and neither teams have agreed to join or even talked it.

What won't happen - two stadiums in LA with all three teams....NFL will not support that.

I think the hinge pin is what happens in St. Louis. If they can fix their local gov't challenges, the NFL won't let Kroenke move. Rams stay in St. Louis(maybe with new owner) and they move the One owner(spanos) who really has been loyal to local area but gotten no support. If St. Louis can't fix it, neither San Diego or Oakland have a viable plan yet. Then the whole thing could go blewie.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Chargers, Rams, AND Raiders have all filed for relocation to Los Angeles with the NFL office today

Phicinfan

Administrator
By all reports the NFL owners will not let Kroenke move the Rams, and will work with St. Louis to get a new stadium in place. One rumor does have Kroenke selling Rams and buying some other franchise.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
By all reports the NFL owners will not let Kroenke move the Rams, and will work with St. Louis to get a new stadium in place. One rumor does have Kroenke selling Rams and buying some other franchise.
Titans are for sale in believe

freyguy

Pick to Click
Apparently San Diego, Oakland and st. Louis stadium proposals were all unsatisfactory to the NFL.

hikeNbike

Hate to see a city lose their team. On the other hand I am tired of this la needs a football team narrative. So a decision will bring this to a conclusion at least.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Phicinfan

Administrator
LA will, and it will fail again, that is why St. Louis won't lose the Rams, as they are a viable city as well. My guess is San Diego will eventually move, as they have no place to go, and no help coming.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
LA will, and it will fail again, that is why St. Louis won't lose the Rams, as they are a viable city as well. My guess is San Diego will eventually move, as they have no place to go, and no help coming.
Wrong.. Numbers CLEARLY show LA can support an NFL team. Two teams? Nah. The Rams were here for 50 years, bring them home and only them.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Because they failed miserably when they've had ample chances. L.A. is a college town and history says that's it.
College town? Lol.. Dodgers, Angels, Kings, Ducks, Lakers, Clippers.. Have you ever been to a pro game in LA? Numbers clearly show that LA can support an NFL team.. One maybe not two back in the 90's but one now. To say otherwise is wishful anti LA thinking and nothing else.