Rookie TE's in NE - Hernandez vs. Gronk

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
Patriots draft 2 TE's in the 2010 Rookie Draft.

So it's been said that Aaron Hernandez is the TE to own for fantasy purposes as he's more in the mold of a pass catching TE.
After 2 pre-season games Hernandez was leading the Pats in targets (11) and had caught 7 and scored once. Last night he's held out of the game because of injury.

Gronkowski is huge. NE likely brought him mostly for pass protection they said. Last week he goes 4 for 38 and a score. Last night he hauls in 3 for 66 yards and 2 TD's. Hmmm....

So which one do you think will be THE guy?
Could they both produce and have fantasy value?
... or does each take value from the other to make them both unworthy.
and where does Alge Crumpler fit in all this?

:hmmm:

Remote Controller

Patriots draft 2 TE's in the 2010 Rookie Draft.

So it's been said that Aaron Hernandez is the TE to own for fantasy purposes as he's more in the mold of a pass catching TE.
After 2 pre-season games Hernandez was leading the Pats in targets (11) and had caught 7 and scored once. Last night he's held out of the game because of injury.

Gronkowski is huge. NE likely brought him mostly for pass protection they said. Last week he goes 4 for 38 and a score. Last night he hauls in 3 for 66 yards and 2 TD's. Hmmm....

So which one do you think will be THE guy?
Could they both produce and have fantasy value?
... or does each take value from the other to make them both unworthy.
and where does Alge Crumpler fit in all this?

:hmmm:

Nothing has changed. Welcome the new Watson/Graham dilema.

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
Seems a lot like the RB situation there as well ... but lets not get into that here.
The only sure things fantasy wise in NE are Brady, Moss and Welker (yes, he's healthy)

I do think one of these guys will emerge as a fantasy stud as no defense can contain all the pass threats that the Patriots will be throwing out there. (no, not even the Jets and "Revis Island").

My gut tells me it will be Gronk. He is a better blocker and for that reason I can see him being on the field for all 3 downs.