Robert Griffin III vs. Andrew Luck

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Yes, I realize it's only 1 game and Stanford hasn't played yet.
I watched that entire TCU-Baylor game, and I can't recall the last time I watched a QB completely control a consistently dominant defense the way RGIII did last night. Now he's got a good track record of consistent play, but just hasn't ever had much of a supporting cast around him. His deep passes were absolutely perfect, because the TCU secondary was actually covering well, but when a ball is thrown where only your guy can get it, there's nothing you can do. Lost in the 5 passing TD's is that Baylor also had a 120 yard RB. This team is for real and could realistically challenge Oklahoma for the Big 12 if they play like that.

As for Griffin, I admit I've never heard him interviewed before, but man is he ever well-spoken and a seemingly impressive young man. Wise beyond his years and reaks of high-character. He's got the size and plus mobility that the NFL highly values, and I'm telling ya'll he really reminded me of Aaron Rodgers in this game. For now, I'll go out on a limb and put him and Luck at a tie for best pro QB prospect in the 2012 draft. I'll be tracking this closely as the season progresses..
I haven't been this impressed with a college player in a really long time, and I like Luck plenty.
Stay tuned, and do yourselves a favor by reading up on Griffin's backstory. He's been through alot since showing up at Waco.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
We need to see more of the season before you throw Griffin for Heisman up. He does this to Oklahoma and Ill be impressed.

Whats going to hurt Baylor is that no talent defense.

Runnik's Hambones

Honestly, after college football Saturday, RGIII is the front runner for Hiesman. He is freaking talented. He's everything that we though Pryor would be.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Sarge, Baylor's poor defense will actually help RGIII's stats.
I'll peg their floor at a recent Texas Tech-type year. Crazy offense, little to no defense, 8-9 wins, and a decent bowl berth.

I won't go too crazy, but they have 4 more "should-wins" in a row before travelling to A&M and Okie St. in consecutive weeks.
Their last 3 games are Tech, OU, and Texas, all at home. On paper, besides TCU the only real challenging defense they face is OU, who he indeed struggled against last year. If they split those 2 roadies and stumble vs. OU, they end up 10-2 and a possible at-large BCS bowl.
That's obviously an extreme best-case scenario but it's not unrealistic based on what I saw.

Runnik's Hambones

I'm not predicting he wins the Hiesman, that was just pointing out that I think he had the single best game this week so far. And I'm serious about his talent. His passes were extremely accurate and he evaded the rush nicely. He's very skilled.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Wes, he could light up the world and if that team goes 8-4 the voters will look elsewhere.

Khris, youre right, but we dont yet know how bad TCUs defense really is...or how good Baylors offense is. Im pretty confident by Week 3 we will have our answer.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Not sure about that Sarge. They (TCU) unfortunately don't play anyone else worth a crap until Boise/Kellen Moore late in the year. I suppose you could put SDSU in there since they have a potential pro prospect at QB, but their schedule doesn't impress until 2012 when they play in the Big East.. Or Big 12.. Or SEC..

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I think Boise would kick the ever loving crap out of them. I dont think it would be within 20 points.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
We need to see more of the season before you throw Griffin for Heisman up. He does this to Oklahoma and Ill be impressed.

Probably 2 weeks late in revisiting this, but the occasions where I actually seem intelligent are so few and far between, I have to strike while the iron's hot!! LOL
The thread is quite entertaining, epecially since it occurred after the opening ESPN game of the season in September.

Not a completely useless bump though, as Draft '12 season is quickly approaching.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
No doubt the kid has talent but he needs to be put into the right system. Kinda do what Carolina and Denver did by adjusting the offensive scheme to fit the QB.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
Keith Price was the better QB last night, but we had the biggest weakness on defense, which Baylor exploited. Thank goodness that weakness is a senior. It is a shame our 1.5 mil a year DC couldn't find some frosh (or spoh, or junior, or walk-on) who could play adequate CB.

Remote Controller

Probably 2 weeks late in revisiting this, but the occasions where I actually seem intelligent are so few and far between, I have to strike while the iron's hot!! LOL
The thread is quite entertaining, epecially since it occurred after the opening ESPN game of the season in September.

Not a completely useless bump though, as Draft '12 season is quickly approaching.
NICE!

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Keith Price was the better QB last night, but we had the biggest weakness on defense, which Baylor exploited. Thank goodness that weakness is a senior. It is a shame our 1.5 mil a year DC couldn't find some frosh (or spoh, or junior, or walk-on) who could play adequate CB.

With so many NFL scouts present at that game to watch RG3, Kendall Wright and Chris Polk, it's not a stretch to say Ganaway from Baylor and Kearse from WU potentially made themselves a few extra dollars come April.
Also, Price put himself squarely in the preseason Heisman crosshairs entering next year..