Review my pre-draft team?

brtdud7

By pre-draft I mean before my league's draft.

I was here a few months ago about trades but right now I would like to just have a review of my team from some of you FF pros (I'm only heading into my second season). I won't include IDP or kickers

16 team league

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Benson, Felix Jones, Donald Brown
WR: Fitzgerald, Crabtree, Early Doucet (picked up b/c of Boldin leaving), Julian Edelman (for Wes Welker's injury)
TE: Dallas Clark
DEF: San Francisco 49ers

Any of these players I should trade now and what kind of value should I shoot for? Weak at a position and should try to get someone better (and what tier)?

I'm debating if I should try to trade Benson and Edelman a/o Doucet to the guy with the #1, #2, and #6 overall picks since he only has Jonathan Stewart at RB and also has Floyd (SD), Bowe, Sims-Walker, and Driver at WR. I was hoping I could get like the #1 and #2 or #6 if I traded those 3 players and my #10 overall, then take Ryan Matthews and Dez or Demaryious

Hail Mary

I see what you are thinking in acquiring Mathews ? but Damm I have a gut feeling Benson will be a stud this year ? you are set at WR with Fitz and Crabs ! Benson is solid along with Felix as far as I am concerned .. Felix has been named the starter . Your only question is ? Is Mathews a upgrade to Felix ? I say yes but its a chance as in you are guessing that Mathews will pan out ! Benson is already proven in a sense ,, are you willing to give up a proven Rb 4 a unproven RB in a good situation ??? . On the other hand I am very high on Dez I guess if you were Gauranteed to get him and Mathews then I would be tempted to make this deal .... but only if I was Garaunteed ......... alternative is try D.Brown and Eldeman for his #1 ... Then try Felix with Eldeman if that doesn't work Then get Mathews ?...... Benson and Mathews would be a good punch !! I would try this before I would give up Benson . HM

Last edited by a moderator:

cctekguy

Staff member
I see your team as jam up. QB is A+. RB is A. WR is C+. TE is A.

Your 1/10 ought to bring you a decent enough WR to justify keeping Benson.

I wouldn't be so high on Dez either. You're sitting on Crabtree who was the "Dez" from last years draft.

I'd sit tight on my studs and try to deal some of your guys you didn't list for some depth @ WR.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
I'm not so sure you will get either of the top two draft picks by offering Benson with Edelman.

With the #1 & #2 picks that owner can get C.J Spiller and Ryan Matthews and solve his RB problems.

If i were the owner with both #1 and #2 picks you would have to offer up a lot more than Benson/Edelman

What ever you do keep A.Rodgers, Fitz, Crab, D.Clark

JackG1980

Your team is solid as a rock. No need to change especially in a 16 team league. You have a 95% of making the playoffs if not more. Getting Rid of Crabtree and Benson for Matthrews and Bryant will only take those chances down. It is more unllikely for Matthres and Dez to outscore Crabtree and Benson this year.

Keep Rodgers
Keep Benson
Keep Felix Jones
Keep Donald Brown
Keep Dallas Clark

Trade Fitzgerald. I am of the opinion that Fitz is going to be a letdown this year. I have no faith in Matt Leinart, Steve Breaston is nowhere near the matchup problems for opposing defenses as Anquan Boldin was. Fitz will see double coverages like he has never seen before. His value right now is the highest that it ever will be imo and I would bet you could get the #2 and #6 for him. At #2 you can grab Dez Bryant and at #6 you could grab another WR like Thomas or Benn. I think you will be fine with the top 3 RB's you have and with Crabs, Bryant, and Thomas/Benn (I'm higher on Benn) you will have a GREAT young receiving core for years to come.

brtdud7

... with Crabs, Bryant, and Thomas/Benn (I'm higher on Benn) you will have a GREAT young receiving core for years to come.

thanks for the advice. do you think its better for me to just trade fitzgerald to try to get 2 high picks than to try to go for a WR like roddy white?

i also have the 1-10 so maybe i could do like fitz, 1-10, and like doucet for his 1-1, 1-2, and 1-6

I would do it for Roddy White and high first rd pick not Fitz for White straight up.

If you can get all three #1's for Fitz, Doucet and 1.10 then that's even better.

brtdud7

yeah the guy with roddy has the 1-15 (out of 16 teams) and i've been in trade talks with him for a white (since he has adrian fumblesson)

if i could get the 1-1, 1-2, and 1-6 for fitz, my 1-10, and a RB, which one should i depart with? i only ask because the guy's RBs are pathetic (only has JStew)

brtdud7

i think it would be cool if i could do the fitz, throw away player/pick, and the 1-10 for the 3 top picks (or maybe the 1 or 2 and the 6) and get ryan matthews #1, dez #2, then benn #6

but ill come back when something gets offered... im just looking for advice now

brtdud7

anyone think its worth it to drop doucet or edelman or both for chaz schilens a/o devin aromashodu? and if so, which one should i drop/pick up?

brtdud7

thought i'd post an update. this guy sent me this offer:

I GET: Peyton Manning+Henne/Kolb, Roddy White, and a pick or 2
I GIVE: Aaron Rodgers, Felix Jones, and a WR of mine (I assume doucet or edelman)

He has high picks 1-15, 2-3, 2-15, 3-2, and 3-3

Just thought I'd post an update if anyone has any advice. I will not accept this, I would only consider a trade of Felix for Roddy straight up, and even then he might be at an advantage. If I could get Roddy, then maybe I could expend Fitz and get a top RB (AP/MJD etc)

UPDATE (5/19): the guy with the #1, #2, and #6 picks has notified me that he won't do the deal, so i guess ill just keep fitz, unless someone think i should try to convince him to do the deal.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
As usual I liked your advice on this thread Chris. Looking forward to the renewal of the best thread on this forum, The lineup doctor.

thought i'd post an update. this guy sent me this offer:

I GET: Peyton Manning+Henne/Kolb, Roddy White, and a pick or 2
I GIVE: Aaron Rodgers, Felix Jones, and a WR of mine (I assume doucet or edelman)

He has high picks 1-15, 2-3, 2-15, 3-2, and 3-3

Just thought I'd post an update if anyone has any advice. I will not accept this, I would only consider a trade of Felix for Roddy straight up, and even then he might be at an advantage. If I could get Roddy, then maybe I could expend Fitz and get a top RB (AP/MJD etc)

UPDATE (5/19): the guy with the #1, #2, and #6 picks has notified me that he won't do the deal, so i guess ill just keep fitz, unless someone think i should try to convince him to do the deal.

I agree. Don't make this trade. The small edge Manning has in pts, Rodgers makes up for in youth and future production that will be top notch. The 1.15 probably won't be very valuable.

I would just keep Fitz if you can't maximize value. Fitz is no slouch and isn't hurting your team by any means. You are going to be VERY competitive this year with the team you have as is so only trade if you KNOW you will be better.

brtdud7

yeah i know for sure i wasnt going to do it.

do you have any opinion on if doing a roddy for felix straight-up would help me? i would only do it if i could get a top 5 RB for fitzgerald first.

brtdud7

alright well i made the switch of aromashodu for doucet. he was definitely the best free agent WR remaining, and to me doucet isnt worth crap. and devin's last name is fun to say.

RB: benson, felix, donald brown
WR: Fitz, crabtree, edelman, aromashodu