Redskins sign LJ to 3 year deal

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
depending on the $$$....may not be a bad move in the short run, we know how Shanny likes to run though RB's so I'm sure he'll get some use out of him.

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
No telling on the money part with Dan Snyder i the equation. But, you're right. Shanny likes to utilize his RB's.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
This is a great signing. Low cost powerback who can fill in for the oft injured Portis with no real dropoff.
Posted via Mobile Device

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Can't help but think he's just signing whoever he can get to sign, just for the sake of spending money. I personally would've just rather seen them draft one of the bigger backs in this draft in the 3rd/4th round.

Runnik's Hambones

Good deal for LJ. I'm kind of with Wes on this one though, a young RB in the draft is what they needed. The short term isn't going to cut it.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Whats stopping them? Remember, they cut Betts (LJ) and another guy (Draft pick). I also dont think Portis is going to make it.
Posted via Mobile Device

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Didn't know they cut Cartwright, but it would make sense since he was one of the few guys who seemed to give a crap last year.
Let's hope Shanny infuses some sanity into this outfit..

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
Yes, let's do. Something needs to happen. Zorn was a hiccup..oh yea....gibbs was a hiccup....oh yea, spurrier was a hiccup. Let's hope Shanahan is the cure. At least for a while. LOL.

I still think they can get a RB in the draft that will help them.

cctekguy

Staff member
All I see is this reducing what little fantasy value Portis had left.

Can't see either being worth drafting...

But maybe later in the season when things have cleared a bit.

efactor

Coming at you
he hasn't done it often thru his career . . . that's why betts and even cartwright have been solid pickups in fantasy . . . johnson could be a great later round addition.

Actually, with the exception of 06 and 09, he's been pretty durable. Still only 28, and while there are obviously question marks about his durability at this point, I think they are a bit overblown. Not someone to automatically dismiss. He had 340 carries in 08 and basically had half of last year off so he could come back refreshed. With LJ to help lighten the load, I don't think a 280-300 touch season is out of the question. Would be an excellent value as a 2nd back if you want to stalk up on WRs and a top QB early, especially is they decide to pass on a QB and grab Okung with the 4th pick..........