rate and trade advice on first ppr/keeper/idp league

Redjiik

Hey all, so I joined a new (see title) league and we just did our draft about 7 hours ago. Now that my rage has settled down and I can stand to look at my picks again I would like your ideas. So the rundown is 2dbs/lbs,dls, a w/r and w/t flex starter plus a w/r/q/t super flex starter. Well I guess lets get to the picks, I feel overall I did well besides the glaring qb problem and not knowing when and which defensive picks were the best.
Qb - Tony Romo, Jake Locker
Rb - Ray Rice, Ryan Grant, Darren Sproles, Brandon Jackson, Ryan Williams(just read about them getting Hightower)
Wr - Calvin Johnson, Mike Williams(TB), Mike Thomas, Danny Amendola, Jason Avant, Earl Bennett, Josh Cribbs, Lee Evans, Dexter McCluster, Andre Roberts
Te - Jason Witten, Chris Cooley, Greg Olsen
Dl - Osi Umenyiora, Shaun Phillips, James Hall
Lb - D.J. Williams, Derrick Johnson, James Anderson
Db - Brent Grimes, DeAngelo Hall, Tyvon Branch

So I need some advice on who should I try to package to get another quarterback and since it might get asked I don't know why I took locker, maybe cause deep down inside I hate hasselback so much that maybe just maybe if I drafted locker hasselback would receive a season ending injury in week 3/4... actually I just plain forgot that he was even starting. Thanks for your time.

Starters
Qb Tony Romo
Rb Ray Rice
Rb Ryan Grant
Wr Calvin Johnson
Wr Mike Williams
Te Jason Witten
W/R Mike Thomas
W/T Chris Cooley
Q/R/W/T Darren Sproles
Dl Osi Umenyiora
Dl Shaun Phillips
Lb D.J. Williams
Lb Derrick Johnson
Db Brent Grimes
Db DeAngelo Hall

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Um.....I got your roster, but why dont you post a starting lineup so I can better understand all this flex, super flex, super duper flex stuff..then I can better assist you.

Redjiik

12 but thanks thats what i figured from the lack of replies

Your team is far from the "trash" so lets get that out of the way. Do you get scoring for return ydg? If so then your team is even better, if not then McCluster and Cribbs should be thrown away to possibly grab a waiver wire guy like Bruce Gradkowski who would at least be a strong possibility as a starting QB. Also I don't believe that Avant warrants a roster spot.

I like the LB's but as far as IDP goes you just never know and I wouldn't worry too much about that half of your team. (plus IDP'rs are a lot easier to grab of the wire should you find yourself lacking at any particular position)

I might seek out the Beanie Wells owner in your league and see if you can work a trade out for another QB with him for Williams and maybe a guy like Cooley. (you won't get a top notch QB obviously but with a 2nd QB starting slot you need 2 starters and preferably 3 with different byes to maximixe scoring)

Just some quick observations and I hope this helps

Redjiik

yeah not trying to get a starting qb, and we do get return ydg. but thanks i'll see what i can do. Got locker for andy dalton off the fa, guy dropped him for ponder, bruce gradkowski and rex grossman will probably drop avant for one of them.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Hey Red/Chris, what about packaging up Amendola and Evans???? Amendola should do great in the PPR format this season for the Rams, and Evans...welll yeah but anyway.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
yeah not trying to get a starting qb, and we do get return ydg. but thanks i'll see what i can do. Got locker for andy dalton off the fa, guy dropped him for ponder, bruce gradkowski and rex grossman will probably drop avant for one of them.

Don't bother dropping anyone for either of those QBS. They both suck. You're better staying with Avant.

Redjiik

your right john it was but he is now dalton which isn't much better even though he is a starter, i completely blanked on the fact that he is a backup.

bobbeaux

Your team is far from the "trash" so lets get that out of the way. Do you get scoring for return ydg? If so then your team is even better, if not then McCluster and Cribbs should be thrown away to possibly grab a waiver wire guy like Bruce Gradkowski who would at least be a strong possibility as a starting QB. Also I don't believe that Avant warrants a roster spot.

I like the LB's but as far as IDP goes you just never know and I wouldn't worry too much about that half of your team. (plus IDP'rs are a lot easier to grab of the wire should you find yourself lacking at any particular position)

I might seek out the Beanie Wells owner in your league and see if you can work a trade out for another QB with him for Williams and maybe a guy like Cooley. (you won't get a top notch QB obviously but with a 2nd QB starting slot you need 2 starters and preferably 3 with different byes to maximixe scoring)

Just some quick observations and I hope this helps

what chris is so eloquently trying to say is that superflex spot? . . . if you can start a qb, you should be starting a qb . . . there's more pts usually . . . but you really haven't said much about the scorring.

as far as idp, mlb's and ss will get you steady tackles . . . and of course, de's are more productive than dt's usually.