• Weight - 227
  • Projected 40 Time - 4.55
2008 Stats:
  • 67 Receptions
  • 1,257 yards
  • 18 Receiving TD's
Draft Projection - Round 3-4

NFL Impact

I know what your thinking....who the hell is this guy? Meet Ramses Barden, a huge WR with surprisingly okay speed who played for a little guy. Barden had one game this year against a BCS school, and burnt Wisconsin for 6 catches, 83 yards and 1 TD as Cal Poly nearly pulled off a titanic upset over the Badgers in Madison. Ramses is a project. He needs to get faster, and he will need time to develop working against better defensive players, but the upside here is tremendous for the right coaching staff. I see him going in the mid 4th round and then showing up on your TV in a year and a half doing some damage and making you scratch your head wondering "Who the hell is that guy?". Remember, you met him here first. What do you think of Ramses? Discuss.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSIhHsa8otc]YouTube - Ramses Barden vs Southern Utah (All 12 Catches)[/ame]

Runnik's Hambones

I read an article about this guy like 3 weeks ago. Been a fan since. The clips I've seen show him going up to make big plays. He towers over defenders and is still able to keep up in speed. Great post route runner.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Coaches would die to have a 6-6 WR who could make real plays on their team. He is a project in every sense of the word, but IMO it's worth it.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Production is there, even if it is against sub par competition. Size is there as well. He'll need to be polished at the pro level, but definitely an intriguing project and somone who could come in and be a good redzone target at the start as he adjusts to the competition.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I honestly see Matt Jones properly motivated in this guy. A WR who will catch 55-70 passes for 900-1100 yds and 5-8 TDs a year. Great production for what will likely be a 4th round pick.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Ran a 4.57 at the combine and threw up 17 reps on the bench.

Not bad at all for a HUGE target at WR. I dont think he did anything to keep himself from being taken in the 4th round.

jmsmith1

Barden doesnt have have blazing speed, but he is deceptively fast because he has long strides and figure he's got to have a somewhat athletic vertical. I'd take a flyer on this kid in a heartbeat....

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
This kid is on my radar. From Wikipedia "Jerry Rice Was Reported Running The 40 In 4.71" and look at all the records he set, some never to be broken. The moral of the story, Speed isn't everything. :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

bobbeaux

do you think he would be effective in blocking downfield? . . . i'm curious how a guy like this would be for a team like the titans with lots of options underneath . . . definite red zone, but could he open things up even more for white and johnson? . . . that would then open up fakes to go either way . . . ;)

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
He was over his head at the Senior Bowl from what I read, and strikes me as a poor man's James Hardy. with that said, it certainly won't take a 2nd round pick to get him, and he could definitely produce in a couple years in the right situation.
Worst case scenario would be adding 10-15 pounds and becoming a matchup nightmare at TE. Add it all up and you have a very good choice for someone in the 4th round or later that needs a compliment to a speed receiver such as Miami or Carolina.