Raji apparently wanting to be next W.Sapp

Mike

Administrator
ya know, if you are seriously planning on an NFL career, you know that you will be attending the Combine. If you are STUPID enough to not be clean for this event, I think the league should consider removing your draft eligibility for one year.

Let the guy go work at Home Depot for a while and decide if he wants to grow up or not. All he has do to is play football for 10 years, and given his likely income, he can retire and do all the drugs he wants.

This is basically the same thing as applying for a job, going to the interview, knowing that as soon as they send you for a drug test, that you will fail and not be hired. In this guys case, he will get a high paying job anyway.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
what an idiot.....he's also been busted for maryjane in college as well. His rising stock just took a big hit. Goes from being a top 5 candidate to a fringe top 10 or lower IMO.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
The dumb ass could have at least got drafted first and score a fat contract/signing bonus, now he's on the NFL drug radar. Home Depot has pre-employment drug screen also. These high profile rookie's need to be put on a short leash by there agent's so this kind of immature behavior dont happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Administrator
You make a good point, Derringer. This is why I feel that college athletes need to be able to associate with agents while they are still in school. A good agent will do wonders in regards to lining these kids out on what they need to be doing, because their money is at stake.

This isn't Raji's first issue with drugs, so a pattern has been set. High first round talent is about to start circling the drain and "day two" could become a reality for this kid.

Coachnorm

More reports of failed drug tests.
Texas-El Paso PK Jose Martinez, University of Illinois CB Vontae Davis and University of Florida WR Percy Harvin failed drug tests for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Coachnorm

Southern California LB Brian Cushing and LB Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids at the NFL Scouting Combine, according to various sources, including one NFL team.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Southern California LB Brian Cushing and LB Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids at the NFL Scouting Combine, according to various sources, including one NFL team.
Dont the NCAA (all sports) have any kind of mandatory drug testing for college athletes?? These kids are the NFL, NBA, MLB, future and i think that any college athlete for whatever sport they play that intend to enter one of the three major's (NFL,NBA,MLB) should be forced to follow and adhere to that pro sports drug and conduct policy's from the very first day they enter college and if they dont, start to deal with them then and straighten them out before it gets out of hand. These kids are offered a gift of a life time that only a small percentage ever get, and to piss it all away because of drugs, criminal activity etc....is just a shame.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
More reports of failed drug tests.
Texas-El Paso PK Jose Martinez, University of Illinois CB Vontae Davis and University of Florida WR Percy Harvin failed drug tests for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Not the first concerns I've read about Davis and Harvin.

Martinez probably just kissed his Arena League career goodbye.

Stop toking at least 30 days prior, gents! Unless you start chugging vinegar 2 weeks out.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Not the first concerns I've read about Davis and Harvin.

Martinez probably just kissed his Arena League career goodbye.

Stop toking at least 30 days prior, gents! Unless you start chugging vinegar 2 weeks out.
Dont think 30 day's is enough, THC can stay in your system as long as 6 months depending on how much and how often you smoke.

dukdown

Banned
Really? You think with millions of dollars at stake, and with these guys having played the game at the highest level, with all the rules and regulations that entails, that now, they are going to throw it away to smoke some pot? Does that really make any sense on any level?

This news is being "broken" by NFL Draft Bible. I would carefully consider the source. I've been following their site, and it's extremely raw, only now starting to get up to speed. Additionally, according to Charley Casserly, only one person knows the results of the drug tests (which are released to teams the week before the draft), a Dr. Lombardo, and that person is a vault, that he is not going to risk his position and reputation to leak out news on players. In the case of if a player tests positive for steroids, they are notified right away, and are then required to take a second test to confirm. According to USC Pete Carroll, who of course is biased, this notification or obviously 2nd testing, never occured.

The bottom-line, as they say, the eye-in-the-sky don't lie. We'll probably be able to tell on draft day the truth of these unsubstantiated rumors. But props to NFL Draft Bible for getting their site name on every national sports radio and tv show, as well as all over the internet. Truly brilliant viral marketing.

RLLD

I am sure he would abstain from such things once his bank account is fat with millions of dollars and there are no stringent college-level restrictions on him