Raiders talk with Holmgren

Coachnorm

The Oakland Raiders have been talking to former Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren about a leadership position within the organization, according to two sources.

thanhsm1122

Chuyên do?ng tu? quâ`n a?o tu? âm tuo`ng theo yêu câ`u, quy? kha?ch co? nhu câ`u vui lo`ng liên hê?: 08 220 15128 ( Công ty nô?i thâ?t Son My~)

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Chuyên do?ng tu? quâ`n a?o tu? âm tuo`ng theo yêu câ`u, quy? kha?ch co? nhu câ`u vui lo`ng liên hê?: 08 220 15128 ( Công ty nô?i thâ?t Son My~)

Keep your fricken spam to yourself

Last edited by a moderator:

efactor

Coming at you
As a fan, it would be fun for the Raiders to be relevant again. Getting the right Coach in place is so important to organization structure. I go back to SF prior to Bill Walsh coming in. Great owner in place, but no direction due to having the wrong people at the top. The team Walsh took over was possibly the least talented team in recent NFL history. They really had nothing. Three years later, they win the title and a dynasty begins.

Fast forward to the early 2000s. Eddie D is out and his dumb ass sister and BIL take over. Fire Mooch and again no direction in the organization. Bad drafts and FA decisions. Finally, they bring in Jeb to be the mouthpiece for Eddie, who I know is working behind the scenes. Baalke is hired and the drafting and organization gets better. Talent is there but no direction or plan on the field. They hire Harbaugh and he brings enthusiasm and a plan and they are building toward long term success.

Anyway, I think Holgram would be a good choice as GM without the pressure to win immediately. Don't know much about Allen, but he seemed over matched based on the couple Raider games I saw, so not sure he is the guy to lead them back. They may want to open the wallet and get a top notch college coach and understand it will be 3-4 years of rebuilding and stick to a plan. Panic moves like the one for Palmer are global killers. Build the lines and find a young QB seem to be the path to success.

cctekguy

Staff member
As a closet Chiefs fan, I rather prefer that the Raiders slosh in the sty with us until WE are ready to come out too.

I'd love to resurrect that old rivalry.

Sadly, that whole speech about "lack of leadership and direction" (thanks E) fits K.C. like a condom.