Question of the day: Cruz or Nicks?

Victor Cruz or Hakeem Nicks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
I just have to go with on field performance, and Cruz just puts it together. I want to love Nicks more though.

deuce4321

Driller
Cruz and its not close. Nicks is a better and more talented receiver but can't stay healthy. Nicks takes the coverage away from Cruz but until he plays without nagging injuries I take Cruz 2-3 rounds earlier then nicks in dynasty.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Not biased by your ownership of Cruz is it?????

If Phic will let us....no idea if he will.....

I'll wager my 2nd rounder in 2015 vs yours on who scores the most this year in HG's.....friendly wager that won't effect anything this year....you in?

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
If healthy... (how many times do debates like this start with those 2 words?)

As Miller implies, Nicks obviously has more raw receiving talent than Cruz. But if Cruz averages 15'ish games/year vs Nicks at 12'ish games/year, especially in a Dynasty..

Another thing to consider is that fantasy owners aren't the only ones that typically lean towards the safer, more reliable receiver. Their respective QB's do as well.

deuce4321

Driller
Miller,

Startup dynasty draft you are up in the early third round and you haven't drafted a wr yet. Both nicks and Cruz are available. Who do you take?
Exactly.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Miller,

Startup dynasty draft you are up in the early third round and you haven't drafted a wr yet. Both nicks and Cruz are available. Who do you take?
Exactly.
In a dynasty.....I am taking Nicks.....redraft, now I may look at Cruz....but a dynasty, I'll take talent over situation. Nicks is more likely to be in NY long term with Eli. Cruz, could easliy jet after next season as a UFA. Cruz in another situation.....hmmm, too many unknowns for me. He is a nice WR, but his talent doesn't scream get it donw anywhere talent. Nicks, sure, you are rolling the injury dice, but at WR, I'm willing to do it more than I am at RB. I just like the LONG term situation and value of this 25 year old, very talented WR.

So not sure what your exactly was for....you may want to let someone answer your question prior to assuming that they don't have a different take than you.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Cruz, to be a stud you actually have to be on the field most of the time. call it bad luck or injury risk, but Nicks can't stay healthy.