Preseason week 1

A

Axe Elf

Oh, and then there was the first catch for Victor Cruz:
E. Manning passed to V. Cruz down the middle for 57 yard touchdown

Antonio Brown was targeted 3 times and had 0 catches.

efactor

Coming at you
::: buzzer sound :::

But hey, thanx for playing! As your lovely parting gift, we have a full season of fantasy football tutoring under the legendary Axe Elf, which should quickly correct this and any other faulty logic that is hindering your ability to win!

What's the monetary value of that parting gift............:cool:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Brown isn't going to play second fiddle that's for sure. If he gets the red zone work as expected he could out produce the homerun hitter.

Escrow

Bengals run defense looks strong against the 1's.

first Falcons 3rd down, Quizz came in and Jackson off. early indications that he will keep that role.

I think all of us on the Sjax side with me will rest our case.....

OC Dirk Koetter suggested that he doesn't see Jacquizz Rodgers getting many carries this season.

Even when Michael Turner was running with a refrigerator strapped to his back last year, the Falcons didn't give Rodgers much of a chance. He averaged just 5.8 rushes per game, a number that could even drop now that Steven Jackson is in town. Rodgers' chances figure to come as a receiver. "We still have to get Quizz his touches whether if it's on kickoff returns, throwing it to him out of the backfield or the screen game," Koetter said. There's little more than weak handcuff appeal here.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Aug 14 - 8:38 AM

costanza-wink.gif

mad-at-theinternet.gif

ExperiencedRookie

Depends on who you consider a "top RB". If you are thinking McCoy and Spiller, they will both be WAY bigger disappointments than Jackson. I'd even throw MJD, Forte, Ridley, CJ2tds and possibly Arian Foster into that basket.
Ok. Couldn't help myself here.

If you can scroll through this thread a bit you'll see a case being made that Sjax was a risky pick based on age and the RB age wall, which he was clearly approaching.

Then, the self proclaimed "fountain of fantasy genius" put our fears to rest, and let us know that we should pass over a guy like McCoy for Sjax.

How's that working out for you now?

A

Axe Elf

Looks like I hit on about five of my seven points.

What's YOUR point?

ExperiencedRookie

Looks like I hit on about five of my seven points.

What's YOUR point?
Are you seriously going to try to spin this to a positive? You couldn't have bricked this any harder!

Your advice was to blindly overlook the fact that Sjax has 2400 carries and is 30 and just draft him over the #1 fantasy RB. That's called MASSIVE FAIL!

You draft like that...you lose. You think you know it all, yet your opinion was so incrediy far off and wrong, and were unable to absorb any quality situation assessments that were being placed out there to review.

EPIC FAIL

A

Axe Elf

I never said to draft Jackson over Jamaal Charles.

Jackson was and is the best pick for an RB2--you can't hold an injury against me. It's not like he's Darren McFadden or anything; Jackson has been one of the more reliable ironmen in the NFL over the course of his career. Players get hurt--it happens. It doesn't mean I was wrong about him.

ExperiencedRookie

Did you even bother to read everything here? No one ever claimed that he was soft. It was all about the danger in the carries he's had and his age.

You think it's random chance that the ironman Sjax is suffering what looks to be his first multi week injury of his career now at the age of 30?? Come on man!

No ones talking about Charles. If you scroll up you'll see a long list of names you put behind Sjax, while ignoring the statistical facts. McCoy is the first name that comes to mind, seeing as how he was your whipping post in the preseason and now sits at #1.

Just soak in a little defeat once in a while. It's ok.

A

Axe Elf

Your advice was to blindly overlook the fact that Sjax has 2400 carries and is 30 and just draft him over the #1 fantasy RB.

Again, I never advised to draft SJax over Jamaal Charles, who is the #1 fantasy RB.

Right now, McCoy has more fantasy points than SJax, but it's only Week 2. Other than maybe Forte, five of the seven guys you quoted me as mentioning (Spiller, MJD, CJ2tds, Ridley and Foster) are bigger disappointments that SJax, injury notwithstanding.

And I would never advise to draft starters without backing them up with quality depth--anyone can get injured, be they 23 or 30--but you said it yourself, it's very unusual that SJax would suffer a multiweek injury, and certainly not the sort of thing that anyone could predict or expect.

ExperiencedRookie

it's very unusual that SJax would suffer a multiweek injury, and certainly not the sort of thing that anyone could predict or expect.
Certainly not the type of thing anyone can predict??

I think you need to go back and read my posts in this thread. It wasn't like I was making a guy call. My prediction was backed by a lot of facts and stats. This isn't just me making a call and getting lucky.

Now if I had said "Ray Rice is risky" with no support and them he gets hurt. That's luck