PPR rankings

Vicious_Machine

its not a knock on DeSean, I would take him round 3 as well, just a little later then some guys you had listed from your same tier, such as Fitzgerald, Miles Austin, Roddy White, for a PPR anyway. I mean, its like a 1A or 1B option between DeSean & those guys, I just have those guys as the 1A.

As far as Fitz is concerned, I could be the QB and i'd still have that guy in my top 5, I think he's just a beast. Austin had more recep - yards - TDs and he didnt even start the season as a star. And Roddy White also managed to beat out DeSean in everything (recep-yards-TDs), and has had 3 straight 80+ grab years, I like the consistency, and White was better 2 years ago.

For Maclin, 100% agreed, I think he is clearly option #2 in terms of yards & TDs to DeSean, but I like the PRICE of him way more, grabbing him around round 5-6 seems worthy a gamble. But am I over-rating him?? I have him around 23rd, need top tier in that group you have him listed in.

Yahoo! Friends and Family League: Post-draft Q&A - Fantasy - Yahoo! Sports

Maclin mentioned twice.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
its not a knock on DeSean, I would take him round 3 as well, just a little later then some guys you had listed from your same tier, such as Fitzgerald, Miles Austin, Roddy White, for a PPR anyway. I mean, its like a 1A or 1B option between DeSean & those guys, I just have those guys as the 1A.
That's fair, if you have those guys all together that close it's simply a matter of preference within the tiers.

As far as Fitz is concerned, I could be the QB and i'd still have that guy in my top 5, I think he's just a beast.
To be honest, I like Fitz more with Anderson than Lienart. I love Fitz, just see that as a messy situation. But now that we know it's Anderson, I would likely flop those 2.

Austin had more recep - yards - TDs and he didnt even start the season as a star.
Miles caught people by surprise last year, not going to surprise anyone this year. That said, very good receiver. But I do see him coming back to earth just a little.

And Roddy White also managed to beat out DeSean in everything (recep-yards-TDs), and has had 3 straight 80+ grab years, I like the consistency, and White was better 2 years ago.
If this was last year ranking would be so much easier ;) I obviously see Jackson improving his numbers quite a bit. White is solid though, not problem with him at all.

For Maclin, 100% agreed, I think he is clearly option #2 in terms of yards & TDs to DeSean, but I like the PRICE of him way more, grabbing him around round 5-6 seems worthy a gamble. But am I over-rating him?? I have him around 23rd, need top tier in that group you have him listed in.
That is the value of seeing the tiers....not a big drop off from the top of that tier to the bottom and you could argue any one of them could be at the top. Not sure I'd say your over-rating him as much as he is just the guy in that group you prefer.

Remote Controller

@ Phicinfan : Question!!

Are you buying on DeSean in round 3 then? Or waiting until Round 5 for a Maclin instead? Miller does not seem that high on Maclin but reports say he could be the guy Kolb turns to more often?

And I agree with you that Kolb should be good, and it should be a pass happy offence too.

DeSean just seems too expensive for my taste, i rather have everybody else in tier 2 from Miller's rankings over him.
DeSean is uncoverable and he will be the main weapon in Philly. I have no doubt about that. Maclin is a nice second prize a few rounds later if you miss out on DeSean, but only that, IMHO.

DeSean, Celek, Maclin in that order. I think Avant and celek will be the targets in the redzone.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
@ Phicinfan : Question!!

Are you buying on DeSean in round 3 then? Or waiting until Round 5 for a Maclin instead? Miller does not seem that high on Maclin but reports say he could be the guy Kolb turns to more often?

And I agree with you that Kolb should be good, and it should be a pass happy offence too.

DeSean just seems too expensive for my taste, i rather have everybody else in tier 2 from Miller's rankings over him.
I have taken DeSean in the 2nd. In my opinion, the wr rankings are:
Andre Johnson
Randy Moss

next tier:
Fitz, Wayne, Calvin Johnson, DeSean Jackson and Roddy White all very, very close.

Rest fall in after that.