Playoff Leaues played During the NFL Playoffs

NFL Playoff Leagues: Which Lineup style do you prefer?

• Select a player only once during the Playoffs

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Select from every player still in the Playoffs

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Coachnorm

Are you participating in any NFL Playoff Leagues? There are many different Playoff types. But most fall into two categories.

Both categories are based on total points scored during the entire playoffs.

The man difference between the two major types is in the selection of your lineup.
One allows you to pick and play a player once and only once during the entire playoffs which makes player selection and predicting the outcome of the actual playoff games important.

The other allows you to pick from any players available each week and the available player pool shrinks each week as teams are eliminated each round of the Playoffs.

Which style of lineup selection do you prefer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Coachnorm

Leagues where you can use a player only once during the playoffs are a lot more fun IMO.

A lot more strategy involved for sure along with the ability to correctly pick the outcome of the playoffs too. Once teams exit If Brady makes it to the Superbowl and you have already used him, tough luck. If you used both eventual Superbowl QBs during the playoffs you may not have a QB to start Superbowl week.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I agree with Bodey 100%. I played one of these leagues here on the forum last year and really enjoyed it.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
I ran a playoff league here for a few years and you had to pick your starting lineup before the 1st game of the playoffs. Once a player lost his game he couldn't be replaced.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I like the first option and it is the option we use here for the playoff challenge....and yes it will be back this year.

I also have seen the type Mutts described more than the 2nd option. They are fun as well b/c you are forced to try to get a hold of players that will survive deep. But in the end, all 3 can be a lot of fun and prove that FF does not have to end at the end of the regular season.

Arctic Dawgs

I liked the "Bomb's Challenge" where we had to choose 1 player from every team in the playoffs and there were no roster changes

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
I voted for the second option, but after reading the posts, I want to change my vote to the first option.. LOL