Philly and NE make a trade

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Philadelphia sends Wr Greg Lewis and an undisclosed draft pick in 2010 to NE for an undisclosed draft pick in 2009.

Curious which picks are involved...but NE finds the replacement for Gafney this way.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Philadelphia sends Wr Greg Lewis and an undisclosed draft pick in 2010 to NE for an undisclosed draft pick in 2009.

Curious which picks are involved...but NE finds the replacement for Gafney this way.
According to profootballtalk.com the Eagles got a 5th round pick in 09 from NE and sent their 7th round pick in 10.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
As a fan of another fairly "stable" AFC franchise, this drives me crazy how New England just effortlessly reloads (improves?) when they lose valuable role players. Solid deal, and you can pencil Lewis in for about 700-800 yds. and 6-8 TD's if Brady returns healthy.

Runnik's Hambones

OMG the Patriots are so good it aggrovates me, even when they're not playing football! How the hell do they make these amazing deals? There hasn't been one move that they've made that hasn't been purly epic.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
OMG the Patriots are so good it aggrovates me, even when they're not playing football! How the hell do they make these amazing deals? There hasn't been one move that they've made that hasn't been purly epic.

As a fan of another fairly "stable" AFC franchise, this drives me crazy how New England just effortlessly reloads (improves?) when they lose valuable role players. Solid deal, and you can pencil Lewis in for about 700-800 yds. and 6-8 TD's if Brady returns healthy.

Seriously? I understand that the Patriots make a lot of trades that outsmart their opponents... but seriously?

Come on guys, your assumption that NE is scamming everyone else in trades has reached an unhealthy level of paranoia. This is GREG LEWIS we're talking about here. GREG LEWIS. He was traded for a fifth round draft pick - you're seriously telling me you wouldn't have traded him for the same price?

Not only is Greg Lewis not very good (he can't get on the field with Philadelphia's WRs) but the asking price is very reasonable. Receivers like this are a dime a dozen in the NFL.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Please explain how my comment reflected "paranoia". I was complimenting NE on their front office's resourcefulness. I'm a bit confused by your reaction.

Runnik's Hambones

Look, NE is full of draft picks. Up their eyes in them. I don't see how a 5th rounder for Greg Lewis, is a loss for the Patriots. They have like 4 picks within the first 2 rounds! That's what I mean when I say that they keep making huge trades. I actually like this for NE.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Please explain how my comment reflected "paranoia". I was complimenting NE on their front office's resourcefulness. I'm a bit confused by your reaction.

You said:
"this drives me crazy how New England just effortlessly reloads (improves?) when they lose valuable role players. Solid deal"

Maybe I misinterpreted, but it sounded like you were being "driven crazy" by New England "reloading" and making another "solid deal" "effortlessly".

I was reminding you that its a trade for Greg Lewis - who stinks. They could have traded a 5th rounder to almost any team for that team's 4th best/5th best receiver.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I'm certainly not implying that Lewis is suddenly pro-bowl worthy, but I will state with conviction that he's much better than WR's that will be available in the 5th round. And he's at least equal to Gaffney, who NE was looking to replace after he departed.