Phicinfan's 2024 Mock draft - first edition

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay just a few days away from the NFL draft in 2024, so thought I should at least get one of not a couple of these out.

In this one, I am going with what I think will happen. I will tell most don't expect many trades, as other than the Vikings and maybe one other, it will be status quo.

I expect 4QBs, 0RBs and up to 5-6 WRs taken in round 1. I personally would not take any QB other than Williams, Daniels and Maye in round one. But I am not a desperate QB hungry team.

1) Chicago(trade from Carolina) - Caleb Williams QB USC - this is locked in the bank
2) Washington - Jayden Daniels QB LSU - sure he wants to play for Raiders, but they can't get here and $$$ will make him live with it.
3) New England - Drake Maye QB UNC - Patriots say knock my socks off, but I don't see it happening. They need a QB here.
4) Arizona - Marvin Harrison Jr WR The Ohio State - Everyone expects this to be first trade position - I don't. This is where they get a MUCH needed tool -
5) Los Angeles Chargers - TRADE Minnesota - this is to me where the trade happens - Vikings sends 11 and 23 and a 2025 pick for this pick - Take ..... J.J. McCarthy QB Michigan
6) New York Giants - Malik Nabors WR LSU - QB gets you nothing, if you don't have tools to protect him and let him work with. This is the start of rebuilding this offense.
7) Tennessee - Joe Alt OT Notre Dame - need to rebuild this O-line to protect young QB
8) Atlanta - Dallas Turner Edge Alabama - Time to get Defense even better for new QB lead offense
9) Chicago - Brock Bowers TE Georgia - yes they have a good TE, but he gets hurt and they are rebuilding around the young QB. Tools, tools, tools
10) New York Jets - Troy Fautanu OT Washington - got to protect Aaron Rodgers, he goes down, so does team and Saleh and GM
11) Minnesota - TRADE LA Chargers - Rome Adunze WR Washington - need someone to throw the ball to
12) Denver - Quinyon Marshall CB Toledo - yes they need QB, but not this bad. They also need more DB help.
13) Las Vegas - Laiatu Latu EDGE UCLA - need someone to give pressure on other side for Crosby
14) New Orleans - Olumuyiwa Fashanu OT Penn State -
15) Indianapolis - Terrion Arnold CB Alabama - need to keep up on D
16) Seattle - Jared Verse EDGE Florida State - working to improve the defense more
17) Jacksonville - Brian Thomas Jr WR LSU - need to replace those lost
18) Cincinnati - Byron Murphy II DT Texas - need big run stuffing and pressure up the middle
19) Los Angeles Rams - Chop Robinson EDGE Penn State - need some pass rush to replace what they lost with Aaron Donald - they should have moved up to get Murphy
20) Pittsburgh - JC Latham OT Alabama - need to keep rebuilding the O-line
21) Miami - Amarius Mims OT Georgia - need to rebuild O-line
22) Philadelphia - Cooper DeJean CB/S Iowa - some question if they play him at S or CB but he is loved there and needed
23) Minnesota(via trade from Houston)(trade via Cleveland) - TRADE LA Chargers - Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State - making room for running game
24) Dallas - Adonai Mitchell WR Texas - keeping Texan WR home to get CeeDee Lamb some support
25) Green Bay - Nate Wiggins CB Clemson
26) Tampa Bay - Graham Barton OC Duke - best interior OL in draft by some, and a need after retirement in Tampa Bay by old C
27) Arizona(Trade via Houston) - Kool-Aid McKinstry CB Alabama
28) Buffalo - Xavier Legette WR South Carolina - size, speed to replace loss of Diggs
29) Detroit - Jer'Zhan Newton DT Illinois - need to close up middle to help exterior pass rush
30) Baltimore - Tyler Guyton OL Oklahoma - just a few games at OT, but he could fill in at OG while he is developing - HUGE talent
31) San Francisco - Ennis Rakestraw Jr CB Missouri - need DB help here and O-line value isn't there
32) Kansas City - Xavier Worthy WR Texas - speed receiver to get in place while they wait and see what Rice situation is

Pretty straight forward, only one Trade - but it helps both. Look for a potential trade with SF and KC by Giants or maybe Raiders to move up and snag QB late to get option year for QB

efactor

Coming at you
Very well thought out mock. Hope the Giants don’t take Nabors but they probably will. That would suck for FF for this year anyway.

I like CB for my Niners. Fingers crossed that Wiggins falls but probably not. Guyton is my other draft crush if he is still there.

I think the Vikings should just stay put and see if McCarthy falls to them at 11. This reminds me so much of Mac Jones in 2021. Patience needed here. If he doesn’t fall, not a huge loss.

Nicely done.

efactor

Coming at you
Also, I think Worthy, McConkey and Franklin go before Legette. I know Franklin had a bad combine but lot of production. Good player.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Worthy go WR 4. Not a one trick pony like a lot of the elite speed WRs. Matt Waldman has several good videos out there ranking the rookie WRs. He’s tough for me to listen too but good information if you are into analytics. That stuff bores me so easier to read than to listen to.

Walter34

Generally logical draft, well done. I don’t think the bears take bowers but he is an option. Most likely odunze. I personally want them to trade down and get more picks as they only have 4 with 8 or 9 holes to fill across the roster. Trade down could be small where they still get an edge rusher or Byron Murphy, or a big trade down to the late 20s where they take Newton or Barton or powers-Johnson.

watch for buffalo to trade up for WR