Peyton Manning is the 2008 NFL MVP

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Garbage. QB's should almost be unavailable for this award. Its a no-brainer that a team will go from great to garbage without their top signal caller. Even the Pats struggled early with a back-up who turned out pretty good.

The one exception is Pennington. He took over a craptastic team and led them to the playoffs with a league leading turnover ratio.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Also Forehead better get the name changed on the trophy right away and hand it over to Jeff Saturday.

Mike

Administrator
I am about as impressed with this award as I am Peyton Manning's Super Bowl MVP Award. It's amazing what a name will get you.

Runnik's Hambones

I'm with DB on this one. A well deserved MVP awarded here. It was a race that did not have Peyton's name in the mix until the latter half of the season but I'm completely alright with him taking this one. Gratz yet again.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I admit to not watching many Colts games. But he sucked until Saturday got healthy. At least that is how it appeared to me.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
it appears wrong. the colts were 3-1 without jeff saturday. he sucked the first game of the season against the bears without saturday, and apparently that is the only colts game youve seen this season. :)

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
it appears wrong. the colts were 3-1 without jeff saturday. he sucked the first game of the season against the bears without saturday, and apparently that is the only colts game youve seen this season. :)
Tell you what Da Bomb. Take away Wayne, Clark and Harrison......and give him the Wr's Pennington had...and lets see how good he does then.

Until someone can tell me how a Qb with all those damn tools is better and more important to his team than a Qb that was a late acquisition and lousy Wrs and TEs.....THEN I will back Manning.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
mannings weapons were banged up all year. harrison is done at this point, and clark was only healthy a handful of games. wayne was the healthiest but never too healthy. the run game was terrible, and the OL was banged up all year. he also had a defense that was a sieve much of a season. its really just not a good team. manning put the team on his shoulders and led them to a 4th quarter victory in almost every win his team had this season.

miami had the better line, the better run game, and the better defense this season. i take nothing away from what pennington did, but manning is the deserving MVP and obviously so since he crushed everyone among all of the people voting.

Mr. Hack

Local MMA Guru
I don't know that I could really say who I feel deserves the MVP.

If you dont agree on Manning, who should have had it?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Tell you what Da Bomb. Take away Wayne, Clark and Harrison......and give him the Wr's Pennington had...and lets see how good he does then.

Until someone can tell me how a Qb with all those damn tools is better and more important to his team than a Qb that was a late acquisition and lousy Wrs and TEs.....THEN I will back Manning.
Take away Manning and how good would Wayne, Clark, and Harrison be??

I have to admit, Bomb was all over this one early, and he was dead on. He had to prove it to me, but by the end of the year there was no one more deserving of that award this year than Manning. Great year for him with what they went through. His clutch play was fantastic and he's the reason they have won 9 in a row.

SC#20

Dominator!
Can't really argue about Peyton winning it, the guy wins, but lets throw this out there.

What about Kerry Collins? Was he not the most valuable player to his team? What would the Titans have done with Vince Young, win maybe 8 games? What weapons does Collins have? Gage? Crumpler? The running game is it.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Rivers beat Manning in virtually every passing stat catergory, won a division title (in the vaunted AFC West...none the less!), and led his team from the brink of elimination at 4-8 to clinch a playoff spot! Nobody's gone from4-8 to playoffs....ever! My vote goes to Rivers. Whatever...The deserved MVP winners will compete for the title in S.D. on Saturday for something worth much more than a lame award from the AP. Should be a GREAT game!

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
mannings weapons were banged up all year. harrison is done at this point, and clark was only healthy a handful of games. wayne was the healthiest but never too healthy. the run game was terrible, and the OL was banged up all year. he also had a defense that was a sieve much of a season. its really just not a good team. manning put the team on his shoulders and led them to a 4th quarter victory in almost every win his team had this season.

miami had the better line, the better run game, and the better defense this season. i take nothing away from what pennington did, but manning is the deserving MVP and obviously so since he crushed everyone among all of the people voting.
I will agree with the O-line and defense. But not the rest. I need to look at games played and such....but don't remember them missing guys that much. Except Harrison....you are right there.

Again, Manning is a worthy canidate. I just don't feel he is as deserving as Pennington. It is one thing to take a playoff team with some injuries and carry it to the playoffs. It is totally another to take a 1-15 team, carry it to the playoffs......as you lose your #2 and #3 wrs during it.

I understand giving it to Manning...I just don't totally agree.

dukdown

Banned
Manning definitely had the best commercial this year.

"Take a hike"

"You know, I'm going to do that, the weather here is sweeet!"

As far as MVP goes, don't know how exactly you define it, but the best player I saw play this year was Drew Brees.