Percy Harvin is on the block

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Sources report that the Vikings are actively pursuing a trade to dump wide receiver Percy Harvin after his latest blow up with his head coach which led to his being placed on IR this past season. Cheap too according to reports Harvin could be had for a 2nd and change. With only one year left on his contract it appears the Vikes are fed up with the often disgruntled and even more often injured WR. Harvin is an elite talent at WR, when his head is screwed on straight and when he isn't injured. Would you want your favorite NFL team to take on the headcase?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Guy has incredible talent, but the Migranes and the two blowup vs. past HCs will leave him with a ton of baggage as well. Not sure he will get to go where he wants.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Blow ups wouldn't concern me as much as the injury past. Kid is a dynamic playmaker. I could handle him taking some pressure off of AJ Green, just not sure where he stands with those migranes.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I think his blowups will be lessened if he is not the focus of the offense. So going to a team like Cincy or NE where they have other "#1s" would help him significantly.

I agree....the Migranes and other injuries would make me very, very nervous.

jjtweeks

As a Miami fan I would not be thrilled to have him as our number 1. If we picked up him and Bowe/or Welker or something to that effect i would be happy but I don't want all my cards in on harvin. I like the idea of him in Cinci though as well

JScott

Administrator
I could see him on NE, filling the Welker role and Woodhead to some degree. BB loves two things more than himself and Brady, flexible players and Gators. Perfect timing too to give them leverage/options with the Welker negotiations.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Having says he will not show up at the Vikes facility unless they redo his contract. No OTA's and no training camp. Percy is pushing them into a corner and forcing them to make a decision. Bye-bye Harvin.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
However the Cowboys are in really bad shapes vs the expected cap for next year are will have to cut about $20M just to fit it. I see no chance they make any big name moves.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Harvin would be ridiculous with a proven or up/coming QB. He's posted awesome stats in Minny without one. I don't see the migraines as a huge issue anymore since he (finally) went a season w/o complications.

How about TB opposite VJax, and back in Florida? Or Carolina opposite Smith? Wherever he goes, I'd avoid using him as a returner if at all possible.