Panthers extend Stewart 5 more years

Arctic Dawgs

The Panthers just announced they have signed Stewart to a five-year contract extension.

“We are thrilled to be able to extend Jonathan for five additional years,’’ general manager Marty Hurney said. “He is a perfect fit for our organization. He is a playmaker who can make the difference in games and we have seen the impact he and DeAngelo Williams have had on our team.”

Didn't DaWilly get extended for 5 more last year ??

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I don't get it, unless they think they can shop one of them next year, or later this year.

Phicinfan

Administrator
And they just signed Tolbert this year as a FA. :dunno:

Arctic Dawgs

Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart signed a five-year extension worth $36.5 million and a max of $42.5, including $22.5 million guaranteed.

-per Adam Shefter

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
so....how much $$$ do they have tied up in the RB spot with Stewart, DWill and Tolbert?

Phicinfan

Administrator
so....how much $$$ do they have tied up in the RB spot with Stewart, DWill and Tolbert?

I need to dig some, but I think they both signed 5 year deals that ran about $30-35 million. Not sure what Tolbert signed for, or for how long

Coachnorm

A bit surprising...... I would have thought that Stewart at this point would have had to go with a shorter contract with a big hometown discount.