3. Treadwell
4. Doctson
5. Shepard
6. Coleman
7. Thomas
8. Prosise
9. Henry
10. Fuller

I think Boyd is a great fit in Cincy....but he may end up being a much better real life football player than fantasy player. He still goes to an offense where best case is he's the number 3 option long term behind Green and Eifert, especially in the redzone.

If he was in a spot where he could become a true #1 maybe.... But I don't see his path to the opportunities needed to jump him to the #1 wr long term.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
I know I can't be the only one that has players like Carroo ranked over Fuller, as I just took part in a draft on this site where Fuller slipped to #20.

hikeNbike

What are folks thoughts on Zeke as a number overall pick in a brand new keeper league. Was thinking him or OBJ

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JScott

Administrator
What are folks thoughts on Zeke as a number overall pick in a brand new keeper league. Was thinking him or OBJ

If you want Zeke with your first, you trade back and take him at the end of the round to gain position elsewhere. NO WAY do you take him 1.01.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
If you want Zeke with your first, you trade back and take him at the end of the round to gain position elsewhere. NO WAY do you take him 1.01.
In a start up keeper league, not sure how long he would last. Guess it depends how large of a keeper league were talking, but if you look at it like a dynasty at the top, Zeke could be gone inside the top 5 depending on scoring. If I wanted to be sure to get him, I wouldn't trade back too far.

hikeNbike

Leaning toward Beckham. Proven he is a star and receivers shelf life a bit longer than rbs. But I do expect Zeke would go soon after. Rookie rb in an ideal situation behind a great oline that you can probably pencil in as a cornerstone of your fantasy team for quite a few years assuming health of course.

ExperiencedRookie

Leaning toward Beckham. Proven he is a star and receivers shelf life a bit longer than rbs. But I do expect Zeke would go soon after. Rookie rb in an ideal situation behind a great oline that you can probably pencil in as a cornerstone of your fantasy team for quite a few years assuming health of course.

Or Zeke could just be Trent Richardson 2.0, and you're left wishing you had spent your 1st pick on an actual proven commodity

hikeNbike

Agreed. Just dont know. He could also be Emmitt Smith, big talent running behind a great offensive line. And Cowboys on their way to three more super bowl titles.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
How many of the other players in his range would you say "Just don't know" about?
but is it really don't know? Or just fear due to being burned by rbs early in past years?

I know I come off sounding like a homer, but this kid has it all, speed, strength, blocking, catching, he is a real all purpose back. With an incredible O-line. I have no issues if I had the shot to take him early.

ExperiencedRookie

but is it really don't know? Or just fear due to being burned by rbs early in past years?

I know I come off sounding like a homer, but this kid has it all, speed, strength, blocking, catching, he is a real all purpose back. With an incredible O-line. I have no issues if I had the shot to take him early.
I guess Id just rather take a known commodity in the 1st round.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I guess Id just rather take a known commodity in the 1st round.
Okay, what known commodity? Not being sarcastic, but lets say you go A.Brown Wr Pit, has been a stud last few years, is main cog in offense...but bell is back, and what if Roethlisburger gets hurt...Again?
Bell - yep stud back for Pittsburgh, but he keeps getting hurt, and is he sustainable?
AP - not really #1 pick worthy, but solid first round pick

I guess I am not sure what you mean by known commodity?

jjtweeks

Cmon phi your smarter than that. A known commodity is a guy who has proven himself in the NFL. A brown has already shown he's a stud under any circumstances

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Phicinfan

Administrator
Cmon phi your smarter than that. A known commodity is a guy who has proven himself in the NFL. A brown has already shown he's a stud under any circumstances

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
actually no. Go look at 2 years ago when Big Ben was down. I know, as I owned him in two leagues.

ExperiencedRookie

Okay, what known commodity? Not being sarcastic, but lets say you go A.Brown Wr Pit, has been a stud last few years, is main cog in offense...but bell is back, and what if Roethlisburger gets hurt...Again?
Bell - yep stud back for Pittsburgh, but he keeps getting hurt, and is he sustainable?
AP - not really #1 pick worthy, but solid first round pick

I guess I am not sure what you mean by known commodity?
And Roethlisberger started the least amount of games in his entire career last year...how did things go for Antonio Brown??

You can't be serious here. You're taking "what ifs" into play...even though we literally just saw one of those "what ifs" play out last year, and Brown was STILL the #1 WR in his worst case scenario.

I feel like you're being selectively ignorant here. Suddenly you dnt know who a known commodity is in fantasy? Someone who has proven their higher value over a guy like Zeke??

ExperiencedRookie

actually no. Go look at 2 years ago when Big Ben was down. I know, as I owned him in two leagues.
He's had 110+ receptions for 3 years straight dude. His lowest yardage total was 1499.

Are you going back 4 years here to find a bad season from this dude?? That's practically back to the point where he was still the #2 WR behind Mike Wallace and hadn't broken out, right?

Phicinfan

Administrator
He's had 110+ receptions for 3 years straight dude. His lowest yardage total was 1499.

Are you going back 4 years here to find a bad season from this dude?? That's practically back to the point where he was still the #2 WR behind Mike Wallace and hadn't broken out, right?
My mistake it was 2012, but will add last year, if you look at game numbers when Ben was out, he was way down. You can't focus only on yearly totals, have to look at the games as well

ExperiencedRookie

My mistake it was 2012, but will add last year, if you look at game numbers when Ben was out, he was way down. You can't focus only on yearly totals, have to look at the games as well
I'm not interested in single games. I'm interested in high scoring seasons. And what WRs won't be negatively effected when their QB gets injured??

Also...in 2012, Antonio hadn't broken out yet. He had an ADP of 4.07 in 2012 12 team drafts. Mike Wallace was still the WR1.

From a pure risk management standpoint, Zeke might be one of the worst player to select with your first round choice. Even when compared to a grandpa like AP (who is bound to break down at any given moment at this point), at least we know who AP is when he's on the field in the NFL.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I'm not interested in single games. I'm interested in high scoring seasons. And what WRs won't be negatively effected when their QB gets injured??

Also...in 2012, Antonio hadn't broken out yet. He had an ADP of 4.07 in 2012 12 team drafts. Mike Wallace was still the WR1.

From a pure risk management standpoint, Zeke might be one of the worst player to select with your first round choice. Even when compared to a grandpa like AP (who is bound to break down at any given moment at this point), at least we know who AP is when he's on the field in the NFL.
its risk/reward kind of deal then. You as an individual have to decide what risk is worth taking. I would love to have a A.Brown on my team. I am sure most the last few years felt the same about Megatron, but he didn't perform per expectations. There is always risk.

But I get what you are saying, you are saying you feel Brown is better as you expect the same, which is fine. I happen to feel the "risk" of taking Elliot in his situation has more upside, or could.