Notre Dame player's dead girlfriend wasn't real at all

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
You've seen bits and pieces of this story I'm sure. Before the Irish faced the Spartans last year word spread that All American LB Mant Te'o had lost both his gradmom and girlfriend within a few hours of each other. Te'o inspired his team by having a fabulous game after suffering the devastaing personal loss. 12 taqckles, two pass breakups and a recovered fumble led the way to a 20-3 Notre Dame victory. His courage became an inspiration to the other team members and has been given credit for help lead the Irish out of the BCS darkness and back into the national spotlight.

Fabulous story, the kind of thing books might be written about and directors would be tempted to film. Trouble is that it was just that, a story. A work of fiction. Yes Te'o did lose his grandmother that fateful day but his so called girlfriend was not a real person.

Now the question is did Te'o believe that his on line girlfriend was real or did he take part in this feel good story and pull the wool over the eyes of not only Notre Dame but the entire sports world? Did he tell the biggest lie is sport's history? What say you Outlaws? Was he part of a scam or is he just as dumb as a stump? Maybe you see another alternative but to me it's about that simple.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Administrator
This is gonna be bad for multiple people . School officials, including the AD knew this was fake two weeks before championship game and let the story continue.

Mr. Slabaugh? We want answers!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Until proven otherwise.....Tao is a victim here IMO and this is a bizzare and sick story......

Mike

Administrator
No way I draft this guy in the first round. No signing bonus, no nothing.

If he is telling the truth, he is unstable.

If he is involved in the hoax, he has major character issues.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
There is just too much out there right now.

One NFL player saye he had met the girlfriend.
Former N.D. player says team new the girlfriend thing was fake and Tao knew as well. He joked about it.

Some feel the story about the kid getting fooled(Catfished...what the hell is that?!?!?!) has to be true cause the N.D. Athletic director went all in behind him.

First let me say regardless, this is a non-story. Why? Cause worst case the kid wanted to draw attention and lied, and it just blew up on him. Who hasn't done that once in their lives?

That being said, I am starting to smell some smoke here. Could it be that N.D. who was having a magical season, wanted to push a talent for the Heisman and went in with the kid to draw some votes?? Even if they didn't help him start it, they knew and have known for a while, but let it keep going. THAT just smacks bad to me.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
So your gf is in a hospital sick and you never thought hey I should go visit my sick gf.

I'm calling bull**** on him and his bs story.

And what with that bs off camera interview.

He was in on it.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
What makes me think he's guilty is his lack of comments.

If I know I haven't done anything wrong I'm going to make it clear and talk as much as I can to anyone who is around not do some bs off camera interview.

jjtweeks

All I have to say is I am glad I still have my imaginary girlfriend. She is smokin hot from the google image search I did

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I still have seen nothing to make me change my mind here....all signs point to this being a naive person who got taken for a ride. Being stupid is fairly common in this world and just b/c your a big time football player doesn't mean you were automatically blassed with common sense. I think he is highly embarrassed he let himself get taken like this and now it is out in front of everyone....

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
He won't be the first person in the world to ignore friendly advice due to what he felt was an emotional connection. Look, I'm not saying this looks good for him, but I also don't feel he really had anything to gain from doing this and from everything i have seen on it, don't see where signs point to him being in on it.