not a good week to be a Running Back

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Not a good week to be a nfl running back.....

Started early with a season ending injury to Ballard during practice on Thursday....

Then it didn't get better on game day...S Jackson, R Bush, Lacy and rice ask left with injuries. Going to be a lot of attention on the injury reports this week. Post any info on them here.

If I missed anyone, post them here.

Rice looks to be minor, but will see how he responds this week.

Bush has no structural damage in the knee, but expect him to be questionable this week. If he can not go, bell becomes a great start against the pathetic redskins run D.

Not much being said about Lacy' s concussion, but I would not expect him this week. Starks would be the guy to grab, but remember he is not playing the redskins again.

Jackson, have no info inn the thigh injury.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
MJDs ankle I believe.

This thread should add "on khans rosters" to the end of it...sheesh
Strained Tendon in left foot, coach believes he should play this week.....unfortunatley for him it is against Seattle.....he may wish he didn't

Anthrax

Not a good week to be a nfl running back.....

Bush has no structural damage in the knee, but expect him to be questionable this week. If he can not go, bell becomes a great start against the pathetic redskins run D.

If Bell was a great start they wouldn't have gone out and gotten Bush. My dead grandmother is a better option than Bell.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
OK, to each their own, if Bush does not start, Bell puts up 15+ pts....

Just because he is not as good as Bush, does not mean he will not be a great option in his place against a poor run defense.

James Starks is a dud and he crushed the Skins D for 120 and a TD on the ground and another 36 in the air.

You must have a pretty impressive dead grandma....Bell has touched the ball 24 times this year and is averaging 6.84 ypt and 2 TD's (for comparison, Bush is averaging 7.03 ypt, not much of a drop off)....if your dead grandma is putting up better numbers let's get her name so we can plug her into our line-ups. :rolleyes:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
She must have been some kind of good at football then. Bell is a good flex play with a healthy Bush and he's borderline RB 1 material if Bush is out. Top 12 in ppr without Bush in the game.

ExperiencedRookie

So far, its not a good YEAR to be a RB. The WRs are crushing the RB position for points so far. I show 9 WRs outscoring the #1 fantasy RB in PPR

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So far, its not a good YEAR to be a RB. The WRs are crushing the RB position for points so far. I show 9 WRs outscoring the #1 fantasy RB in PPR

and a TE.....
The #2 TE has scored more than the #3 RB....

In .5 ppr, 4 WR's are above the #1 RB and 2 more are only 1 pt back. 8 are outscoring the #2 RB. The #1 TE is ahead of the #2 RB and the #2 TE has scored as much as the #2 RB.

Top 10 RB avg pts is 33.95
Top 10 WR avg is 42.35! (entire top 10 is above the RB avg and almost as much as the RB1 (43)
Top 10 TE avg is 31.05 (only 2.9 pts under the RB)

Just amazing how watered down the RB production has been so far this year.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
With AP not being AP and Foster on cruise control, MJD casting a shadow and Gore/Jackson falling off it's no wonder the numbers are so funny. I think they'll come back to earth a bit when the studs get going which I fully expect Foster and AP to do.

A

Axe Elf

This really isn't all that unusual. In PPR scoring last year, only Adrian Peterson scored amongst the top 5 RB/WRs--Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant and AJ Green rounded out the top 5. Then you had Doug Martin, Ray Rice and Arian Foster before 5 more WRs. Then Lynch and T-Rich before 5 more WRs. So of the top 20 scorers, 14 were WRs.

The point has never been to get RBs early because they score more points--its because there are 25 WRs that will give you as many points as the top 10 RBs--so better to get a stud RB early.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
PPR....yes

.5....not so much. Scoring is historically much more balanced with what I think you would find to be a slight RB lean. That is why I thought the .5 stats were very interesting and show a shift in the early going. Now it is only 2 weeks, but still some interesting numbers thus far.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
For comparison: .5 ppr scoring
Top 10 RB avg pts is 251.75
Top 10 WR avg is 237.6
Top 10 TE avg is 153.35

Top 10 RB avg pts is 237.25
Top 10 WR avg is 230.4
Top 10 TE avg is 170.85

So this is a definite short term shift from the last couple years, the question is will last or is it a short term bubble that will even out over a 17 week season?

A

Axe Elf

Overall, the trend to more passing in the NFL will only serve to reinforce the old adage about getting RBs early and often. In the past, it was a little easier to get away with going WR-WR early, because there were fewer elite WRs and more RBs to go around in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Now, there are fewer and fewer elite RBs, and the top 30 or so WRs are all within about 4 points per week of each other. So now it's even more important to get a stud RB or two early, and then you can still get a couple of top 20 WRs later--especially as more and more top 20 WRs are emerging after the start of the season.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I gotta agree with the Elf in that to me landing one of the stud RB's is more important than ever. At least I think that's what I read.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
It will also highlight a miss at RB even more in the past. If you go RB in RD 1 and miss.....god help ya, your likely in trouble.

I agree that finding a true stud at RB is more important and they become less and less. Simple supply and demand.