Niners: You ave just lost the Super Bowl

Coachnorm

What do you do next???

Pursue Darrelle Revis. :smile:

With a Patriot-like number of draft picks why not??

From a pragmatic standpoint, the 49ers would be silly not to think about dealing most of their draft picks this year, even if only to get future selections. San Francisco, which already has 11 selections in April's draft, are expected to get another one in the trade that reportedly will send Alex Smith to the Chiefs. The Niners are also projected to get three more selections as compensation for players they lost in free agency last offseason. So based on the current roster, they would not be expected to go overboard in the draft.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
To me it depends. They have needs. The Dline is older, the O-line is older. Draft is really solid in those areas. A real WR that allows Crabtree to be the #2 he really is would help. So trading to get a Harvin or Bowe or maybe even Welker if they all re-sign or get tagged isn't a bad option.

I also think they could follow the Philadelphia model of moving down, to gain more higher picks next year as well.

Coachnorm

I was being a bit facetious but, it would be a great story line.

Between free agents and what may be a nice lineman draft you are both probably right.

Arctic Dawgs

Seattle also has 11 picks already for this years draft, and is currently sitting on the leagues 2nd youngest roster I believe

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
A healthy Revis Coach and I could see it happening but with Revis coming off of major surgery I wouldn't expect it.

efactor

Coming at you
Yeah, I don't see Revis coming over as viable. Injury and big contract wouldn't worry me as much as his crappy attitude of wanting to redo his contract every year once somebody gets a better one than he has. You have to have some integrity and play the contract out you signed and realize that somebody is going to pass you up eventually..................

efactor

Coming at you
Youngest roster is overrated. Good, young players at key positions is what's important. They do have some of that, but overall roster age isn't a huge thing as players move around a lot.

But they did have a good 3 game run last year, so we'll see. Not quite ready to annoint them a threat for the division title yet.

Coachnorm

here you go e, an interesting notion:

Danny Amendola exploded for 11 catches and 102 yards against the San Francisco 49ers in 2012, and the 49ers would love to have his hands and speed to replace Randy Moss and/or Ted Ginn Jr.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
He too comes with 'Huge' injury concerns but a true #1 WR would certainly help Crabtree be able to go back to being what he really is and that's a #2.

efactor

Coming at you
Jesus. You can't possibly think Amendola is better than Crabtree. Do you actually watch 49er games or are you just judging Crabtree on his first few years in the league when he had no QB throwing to him. Crabtree is a true #1 now. He may not be top 5, but he sure is top 15, so that is a number one. Guy is a monster after the catch. He was a high draft pick who struggled due to situation and attitude, which is no longer an issue.

Amendola is a gadget receiver who thrives in the slot matched up against the nickel corner. Doubt SF looks at him seriously.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I wasn't stated that Amendola was a #1 I was saying they could use a true #1. I stand by my original thought. Crabtree is a good receiver at least last year but he's not a true #1 much like Welker is and has been a great receiver but he's not a true #1.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Don't be so quick to jump on a soapbox "E" anytime someone states that the 9ers are anything other then perfect, lol.

efactor

Coming at you
I wasn't stated that Amendola was a #1 I was saying they could use a true #1. I stand by my original thought. Crabtree is a good receiver at least last year but he's not a true #1 much like Welker is and has been a great receiver but he's not a true #1.

How many receivers are #1s then? 10? There are 32 teams in the NFL, so I guess 10 or less have a #1. You stated that Amendola would allow Crabtree to be a #2 receiver, so you are saying that he is a #1. Now you say you didn't state that. Which is it?

Crabtree is a young guy who is coming into his own. He has the tools to be a number one more so than Amendola. Amendola would be a good slot receiver, but he's not a guy who will take coverage off Crabtree.

efactor

Coming at you
Don't be so quick to jump on a soapbox "E" anytime someone states that the 9ers are anything other then perfect, lol.

Well, when you make off the cuff statements that make no sense, I just feel the need to correct you. Kind of like when you said SF was better off with Smith. I am aware SF has flaws as a team and have pointed them out on several ocassions.

That's all..................

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
FTR what I actually said was that a "true #1" would allow Crabtree to go back to being a #2 which is what he is. My fault for the wording because even I'd be hard pressed to consider Amendola a #1 at this point.

efactor

Coming at you
FTR what I actually said was that a "true #1" would allow Crabtree to go back to being a #2 which is what he is. My fault for the wording because even I'd be hard pressed to consider Amendola a #1 at this point.

OK, that makes more sense.

I would love to see them make a run at Fitz. They have the ammo and the Cards need some serious rebuilding in order to compete in that division. Not like they are a draft away from being a good team.................

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Gawd that's a hail of an idea. I hadn't even put the thoughts together but you are correct in that Zona needs many players and the 9ers could sure use Fitz. I'd like to see Fitz play with Kap, oh my that would be fabulous.