NFL Sunday Ticket

efactor

Coming at you
OK, thought I would share the details of what I was able to get the ticket for with you all. Take into account that I have had the ticket for the last 5 years and am not in any contract with them currently. But I am not sure that really mattered in this case. Heavy competition going on right now.

I called the cancellation department and told them I was canceling my Direct TV because they raised the price of the Sunday ticket and they are making special offers to new subscribers but not taking care of the loyal customers. The rep instantly went into the "if we can do something special, will you stay with us" mode. My response was "it's gonna have to be a smoking deal for me to stay". Without a fight, he cut the price in half to $160.00 AND is giving me a $20 per month credit for the next 12 months. This amounts to them paying me $80.00 over the next twelve months for allowing them give me the Sunday ticket for free.

Just some info for everyone who wants to save on the ticket............

Good Luck :popcorn:

cctekguy

Staff member
Yeah,

Just looked at a deal from Direct TV where they are giving away NFL Sunday Ticket with their basic $39.95 a month package.

All you guys paying top dollar for NFL should call and do as E did.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
E can you call for me and get me that deal? :)

Im new to direct TV so Im worried but going to give it a try. Im paying no more then 180 bucks for it so we will see what happens.

JScott

Administrator
In the past I've done something slightly different than E but with the same results. Ordered NFLST, then a few days later called to cancel saying in this economy I just can't afford it, made a mistake. They offered the discounted $180 plus future monthly credits.

However, last year was the best deal. They called offering to upgrade me to the Premium package for 6 months (5 of which were football season), for only an additional $2.50 per month. There were no catches, no hidden anything. And NFLST is included in the Premium package. So for a total of $15 we got all the movie channels and NFLST. As soon as the 6 months was over we bumped back down to the basic package where we were before.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Just called Comcast and ordered up the Sports Entertainment package that includes The RedZone Channel in HD. Total price? $7.99/month.

I can handle that. :biggrin:

cctekguy

Staff member
NFL RedZone channel is the greatest thing that has ever happened to football

Greatest thing that has happened to FANTASY football.

I watched it religiously last year and at the end of the day, I had no idea who won the games.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Personally i couldnt get into the redzone last season. Started to watch one game and get inot it and then bam they switched it to another game. Thinking of upgrading tho so i can watch any game each sunday that i want. Just waiting for them to do that last minute deal.

JackG1980

LOL, I did the same thing a month ago. I am getting 30$ off for a year plus free showtime and stars for a year. LOL

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I have been saying I need to do this for a while now. Tired of getting jacked by DTV only to see their adds run for these fantastic offers for new customers 12 times a damn day! Just need to get off my ass and call them.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I called in and told them that I wasn't going to be able to afford The Ticket and I needed to cancel. Right away they offered me $120 off for the season. I decided to press on and tell them that it was still too much. At that point the girl I was talking to said, "OK, we'll go ahead and cancel it for you." I didn't really want to cancel so I proceeded to explain how I was such a loyal customer and that there had to be something else they could do for me since they were giving it away for free to new subscribers. After all was said and done I got $180 off and I'm cool with that.

I originally learned about calling in to DTV and doing this a couple seasons ago from Efactor on this forum. It's probably saved me around $500 over the course of the last two seasons and this one upcoming. So THANK YOU VERY MUCH Efactor!

Last edited by a moderator:

efactor

Coming at you
I called in and told them that I wasn't going to be able to afford The Ticket and I needed to cancel. Right away they offered me $120 off for the season. I decided to press on and tell them that it was still too much. At that point the girl I was talking to said, "OK, we'll go ahead and cancel it for you." I didn't really want to cancel so I proceeded to explain how I was such a loyal customer and that there had to be something else they could do for me since they were giving it away for free to new subscribers. After all was said and done I got $180 off and I'm cool with that.

I originally learned about calling in to DTV and doing this a couple seasons ago from Efactor on this forum. It's probably saved me around $500 over the course of the last two seasons and this one upcoming. So THANK YOU VERY MUCH Efactor!

Welcome..........

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
E, you are DA MAN! Just got off the phone with a lovely DTV rep and instead of canceling my service, I was given $20 off for the next 12 months; 12 months of free DVR which I had been paying for; Sunday Ticket for $160 (including Redzone which I don't know if it is still extra, but she stated she would include for free).

Nice deal indeed!

efactor

Coming at you
Way to go my man...........

Like dating, you never know what you'll get until you ask..............:lol: