NFL Schedule Comes out in less than a hour!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So who's going to get the most primetime love this year? Last year's prime time darling was Cleveland....boy did that blow up. I think you will see the traditional teams (NE, Pit, Dal, Indy) and the team i think you'll see more than you may think is Atlanta. Arizona will also get some love.

ExperiencedRookie

The primetime schedule is whack.

How the heck do 7 teams go without a single game in primetime??

Cincinnatti, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Detroit, Tampa Bay, Seattle, and St Louis all miss out on the primetime fun.

Meanwhile the Steelers, Patriots, Bears, Giants, Cowboys, Colts, and Eagles all get 4 primetime games!!

What crock of shit.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
The primetime schedule is whack.

How the heck do 7 teams go without a single game in primetime??

Cincinnatti, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Detroit, Tampa Bay, Seattle, and St Louis all miss out on the primetime fun.

Tampa has a beef, but look no farther than the cumulative records of the other 6 teams in 2008, and you have your answer.

ExperiencedRookie

Tampa has a beef, but look no farther than the cumulative records of the other 6 teams in 2008, and you have your answer.

I understand that teams that didn't perform well aren't going to draw a big "primetime" crowd. The Raiders get a primetime game though. So does the Browns and the 49ers. Those teams all blow too.

If boring teams like the Redskins and Titans can get 3 freaking primetime games, you'd think we could get at least 1 for some of those other teams.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
No excuse for Pittsburgh not to win the division and possibly get the top seed in the AFC playoffs. From the #1 hardest schedule going into 2008 to the 4th easiest going into this season.. color me ecstatic.
I saw 12-4 without even dissecting the closer matchups. 9-1 vs. their own division and the NFC Central, no Colts or Patriots, the Titans still have no real passing game and no Haynesworth and the Chargers have to visit Heinz Field.

Realistically this could be a 13 win season, with 11 wins as a worst case scenario. Baltimore has basically the same schedule except they get Indy and New England, and they've lost their D-Coordinator and Bart Scott.

Gotta love the 365-day NFL season!

DearbornDolfan

Dolphins have two home MNF games in the season's first five weeks, an NFL Network game against Carolina in Week 11, and a SNF game against New England in Week 13. Plus every Fins game after Week 13 can be flexed to the 8:15 time slot on NBC. Basically I'm guaranteed to catch five Dolphins games this year and might see upwards of nine if they start kicking ass. To top all that off, the Fins have NO unfavorable weather match-ups this season at all.

Color me happy.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I understand that teams that didn't perform well aren't going to draw a big "primetime" crowd. The Raiders get a primetime game though. So does the Browns and the 49ers. Those teams all blow too.

If boring teams like the Redskins and Titans can get 3 freaking primetime games, you'd think we could get at least 1 for some of those other teams.

I'm with ya man. In a perfect world, each team would get at least one Thursday Night/Saturday/Sunday Night/MNF/Thanksgiving game, with the better draws garnishing more. Unfortunately the networks drive that bus, and ratings=cashflow.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Dolphins have two home MNF games in the season's first five weeks, an NFL Network game against Carolina in Week 11, and a SNF game against New England in Week 13. Plus every Fins game after Week 13 can be flexed to the 8:15 time slot on NBC. Basically I'm guaranteed to catch five Dolphins games this year and might see upwards of nine if they start kicking ass.

Color me happy.

I wouldn't be at all surprised or disappointed to see the Dolphins-Steelers season finale as a Football Night in America matchup on NBC Sunday night if the 'Fins can build off the momentum from last year.

DearbornDolfan

I wouldn't be at all surprised or disappointed to see the Dolphins-Steelers season finale as a Football Night in America matchup on NBC Sunday night if the 'Fins can build off the momentum from last year.

I'm with you there. If the Fins go down to the wire in the playoff hunt Dolphin Stadium is going to be rocking hard. I'd so love to see that kind of intensity again in Old Man Robbie.

ExperiencedRookie

I'm with you there. If the Fins go down to the wire in the playoff hunt Dolphin Stadium is going to be rocking hard. I'd so love to see that kind of intensity again in Old Man Robbie.

I gotta pee on your parade a little bit here. I don't see the Dolphins in the playoffs race at the close of the year.

DearbornDolfan

I gotta pee on your parade a little bit here. I don't see the Dolphins in the playoffs race at the close of the year.

I don't see any really tough games this year, not with the Fins' biggest weakness being covered by the defense going to a base Quarters coverage scheme. Tennesse, Carolina, and Pittsburgh are the only sure-fire losses on this schedule, and only then if the status quo carries over from last year.

ExperiencedRookie

I don't see any really tough games this year, not with the Fins' biggest weakness being covered by the defense going to a base Quarters coverage scheme. Tennesse, Carolina, and Pittsburgh are the only sure-fire losses on this schedule, and only then if the status quo carries over from last year.

I do like the Miami D quite a bit. It's the O that worries me.

I'm wondering how many times they were able to score or move the chains using that gimmickey direct snap offense. Will they continue to look to that? Will defensive coordinators be more prepared for it now?

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Doesn't matter if you're ready for it or not. That's the beauty of the Wildcat if it's run properly. You have at least 3 different options depending on what the defensive alignment is.

I could see the Dolphins taking a small step back depending on how strong Brady comes back, but even so, at worst they should be fighting for one of the 2 wildcard spots with Tennessee and Baltimore, and they both have question marks.

DearbornDolfan

I do like the Miami D quite a bit. It's the O that worries me.

Really? Because the weakness in the secondary absolutely terrified me until I learned about the change in coverage schemes. Now that the deep ball is basically taken away I'm only really worried about the teams that like to slug it out. Those are going to be some fun ones (I know Wes is looking forward to Week 17 for that reason.)

I'm wondering how many times they were able to score or move the chains using that gimmickey direct snap offense. Will they continue to look to that? Will defensive coordinators be more prepared for it now?

Sparano himself said the Fins didn't even scratch the surface of their Wildcat playbook. They still have plenty left in the holster to draw on if the situation calls for it.

That said, it's fairly obvious you didn't actually watch or listen to a lot of Fins football, else you would know that outside of week three there wasn't a game where the conventional scores were out-shined by the Wildcat scores. Matter of fact, half of Miami's touchdowns came from passes to the tight end; towards the end of the season teams were barely probed with the Wildcat just to see how they'd react.

ExperiencedRookie

That said, it's fairly obvious you didn't actually watch or listen to a lot of Fins football

LOL. So very true. I live in the midwest and the Fins were coming off that spectacular 07 season. They didn't exactly get a ton of screen time around here.

Which brings me right back around to the topic at hand. The Dolphins were probably crapped on by the scheduling last year. Im guessing they were overlooked for primetime because of the season they were coming off of. Unfortunately for the scheduling though, the Dolphins were having a fantastic season and were right in the thick of things. Oops.