NFL news, rumors, in/out week 2

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
LAR - the future of the WR crew looks great with the showing of Atwell and Nacua
JAC - Calvin Ridley is back folks
BAL - they found how to use the WRs!!!! - Zay Flowers looks great
GB - Jordan Love looks solid, that will grate the other NFC North teams
DAL - dominant win over a pretty weak opponent, look for all smack talk to lead from Cowboys land
NO - DE Payton Turner has turf toe and will require surgery
NE - Tom Brady being added to team's hall U of fame - owner waived the 4 year wait period
IND - Anthony Richardson has a knee bruise, not sure if he misses any time
BAL - fear they lost S Marcus Williams to torn pec
HOU - S Jalen Pitre taken to hospital with bruised lung
CLE - fear serious knee injury for ROT Jack Conklin
BAL - has confirmed torn Achilles tendon for J.K. Dobbins - out for season - possible trade for Jonathan Taylor? starting the rumor now...

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I know how much of a hard on some of yall have for him and will probably celebrate the news but

Aaron Rodgers has left the game for the Jets, gotten x-rays and is in a boot. Lots of medical folks thinking Achillies tear but nothing confirmed yet.

Has been officially ruled out, but Jets still calling it an Ankle injury with x-rays being negative

Salah says "it's not good" in post game presser.

They know, we know, its an Achillies tear.

This also affects GB. Rodgers needs to play 70% of snaps this year to give GB the Jets first round pick.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Administrator
NYJ - Jordan Whitehead for pulling the hattrick on picking off Josh Allen just activated a clause in his contract for $250K - Congrats my man
NYJ - in case you missed it, Breece Hall is back baby
NYJ - HC Salah says Zach Wilson will be the starter - okay, just thinking out loud here, and not knowing Jets cap space - is there a vet that could be moved? Kyler Murray? Matt Stafford(assuming they still want to move him)?
LAC - Ekeler missed time in 2nd half due to an ankle injury. HC says he is day to day
PHI - got banged up vs. NE - Nakobe Dean to miss several games due to foot injury, Kenneth Gainwell would have missed practice with rib injury, CB James Bradberry in concussion protocol and may miss Thursday night's game
ARI - Josh Dobbs to get start next week as well
PIT - Cam Heyward to miss multiple weeks due to groin injury
IND - Anthony Richardson has ankle and knee soreness, but should play this week
BAL - expected to activate Melvin Gordon off of PS to replace Dobbins on roster
IND - rookie RB Evan Hull will miss time with knee injury - Colts better pony up to Jonathan Taylor.....
LVR - Jakobi Myers on concussion protocol
BAL - has OL issues - LT Ronnie Stanley has a knee strain and is week to week, C Tyler Lindenbaum is week to week with ankle strain
WAS - activate Jamison Crowder off of PS to active squad

Phicinfan

Administrator
NYJ - confirmed Aaron Rodgers has Achilles total tear and will miss season

Phicinfan

Administrator
DEN - TE Greg Dulcich to miss multiple weeks with hamstring strain confirmed

hikeNbike

Is it just me or does Josh Allen seem like a rich man's Tony Romo? I mean he is better, bigger and stronger than Romo, but ultimately feels like he is going to make costly mistakes that prevent his team from getting over the hump. Don't get me wrong take him off the team and the Bills are blah, but I'm starting to lose trust in him as the ultimate difference maker that gets them to the Super Bowl. At his best he is as good as Burrow or Mahomes but he can't consistently stay at that level. Brett Favre managed to win one SB but that feels like another good comparison where costly Ints ultimately cost his team.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Is it just me or does Josh Allen seem like a rich man's Tony Romo? I mean he is better, bigger and stronger than Romo, but ultimately feels like he is going to make costly mistakes that prevent his team from getting over the hump. Don't get me wrong take him off the team and the Bills are blah, but I'm starting to lose trust in him as the ultimate difference maker that gets them to the Super Bowl. At his best he is as good as Burrow or Mahomes but he can't consistently stay at that level. Brett Favre managed to win one SB but that feels like another good comparison where costly Ints ultimately cost his team.
Yes, to me he is prone to mistakes. He seems to think he is Brett Farve part deux. I would also say blame goes to the OC - why would you not just run the damn ball once Rodgers went out, and win the line of scrimmage game? The only real moving the Jets offense did was after a turn over by Allen. Plus, if you look at stats, Allen has regressed since Daboll left to be NYG HC.

efactor

Coming at you
Yes, to me he is prone to mistakes. He seems to think he is Brett Farve part deux. I would also say blame goes to the OC - why would you not just run the damn ball once Rodgers went out, and win the line of scrimmage game? The only real moving the Jets offense did was after a turn over by Allen. Plus, if you look at stats, Allen has regressed since Daboll left to be NYG HC.
They need another WR too. Sorry, but Gabe Davis should be a #3 type. He just doesn't get open consistently enough.

Agree that they totally F ed up that game last night. Up 10 at the half and playing against Zach Wilson? Just control field position and you win that game. Also, the OT play calling was ridicules. False start and then an incomplete pass. A run up the middle and another incomplete pass. Why run up the middle there? They hadn't been able to get anything against the interior of the Jets D. They they put Murray in on their last possession of regulation. Figured he was in to pass block, but they line him up outside, line him up in the slot or have him flair out of the backfield. Why not put another WR on the field or play Cook? Made zero sense.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Ok I know I had a false alarm but it's been confirmed by his agent to ESPN. Former WR Mike Williams has passed away officially due to injuries from a construction accident. He fought like a MF'er. RIP Sir

Phicinfan

Administrator
NYG - OT Andrew Thomas dodged a bullet and missed the more significant hamstring strain. May still miss a game or two
LAR - signs K Brett Maher to active squad
IND - place RB Evan Hull on IR, and sign Jake Funk to active squad
CIN - released OL La'El Collins off of PUP list
NYJ - officially place Aaron Rodgers on IR
ATL - releases RB Godwin Igwebuike and sign DL Joe Gaziano to active squad from PS
BAL - signed S Daryl Worley off of their PS to active squad, and also signed FA S Duron Harmon to thier PS
CLE - signed OL Michael Dunn off of their PS to active squad, also signed FA OT Ty Nsekhe to PS
MIN - signed RB Myles Gaskin to active squad from PS
PHI - place LB Nakobe Dean on IR, sign LB Nicholas Morrow off of their PS to active squad
SEA - signing FA OT Jason Peters to PS
IND - signs FA RB Tyler Goodson to PS
Jim Trotter suing NFL for release from NFL network - has given testimony of racial comments by owners like Terry Pegula and Jerry Jones
CAR - CB Jaycee Horn to miss multiple weeks with hamstring strain
PIT - HC confirms surgery for Cam Heyward for his groin injury
NYJ - due to Aaron Rodgers injury- it has been confirmed they only owe Green Bay a 2024 2nd rd pick by NFL

Phicinfan

Administrator
HOU - placed WR Noah Brown and DT Hassan Ridgeway on IR
BAL - OC Garrett Bradbury out this week and OT Christian Darrisaw Questionable this week
NYG - CB Amani Oruariye injured at practice today, not only carted off but sent by ambulance to hospital
CAR - placed OG Brady Christensen on IR
NE - sign QB Ian Book to PS

Phicinfan

Administrator
HOU - John Metchie back to full practice, could play this week
NO - place DL Payton Turner on IR
KC - Travis Kelce and Chris Jones were limited in practice
NYG - Darren Waller hints there is a nerve issue that is causing his hamstring issue. Here we go folks....
CIN - full practice for Joe Burrow
LAC - Joey Bosa not practicing due to hamstring issue
SEA - both starting OT's are out this week, Cross at LT has toe issue and just placed starting ROT Abraham Lucas on IR. They have signed to OT's - Jason Peters and Greg Eiland to their PS, and now have signed OT's Raiqwon O'Neil off Tampa Bay's practice squad and McClendon Curtis off of Raiders PS
TEN - no practice for Hopkins or Burks
HOU - Jason Pitre is not practicing and is day to day with bruised lung
LAR - Stetson Bennett has been placed on NFI/reserve list due to some kind of illness - no information is being shared, which makes me fear this may be something very serious
PHI - Kenny Gainwell out this week, as is James Bradberry and Reid Blankenship
NE - Patriots OLT Trent Brown in concussion protocol
LAC - no practice for Austin Ekeler - ankle issue and his long time agent has died
DEN - placed S Caden Sterns on IR, sign FA WR Lil'Jordan Humphrey

Phicinfan

Administrator
CLE - S Juan Thornhill is still sidelined with the calf injury that forced him to miss last week's games
DAL - Brandin Cooks has an MCL sprain that he is working through
CHI - places CB Kyler Gordon on IR