NFL News, Rumors, In/Out - Start of NFL Training camps

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
lots of news and injuries ...
HOU - signs FA OT George Fant
CIN - Joe Burrow carted off the field - initial verdict is calf strain - expected to miss 4-6 weeks - Better be okay or you can kill all the WRs and TEs value for Bengals
MIA - Jalen Ramsey has knee surgery and had to have a full meniscus repair, expected to miss almost the whole season - back maybe by Dec.
NO - recently signed OG Trai Turner to miss the whole year now due to torn Quad
SEA - finally signed first round pick Devon Witherspoon, the last draft player to sign. Also signed RB Wayne Taulapapa and released CB Montrae Braswell
CAR - waived RB Tiyon Evans
GB - release Johnathan Garvin - on his birthday no less, nice Packers
DEN - activated Kendall Hinton off of PUP, signed FA WR Michael Bandy and waived WR Nick Williams
CLE - Amari Cooper is practicing now
TEN - signed vet FA OL Chris Hubbard
NYJ - per Dalvin Cook - odds pretty high I sign with Jets
BUF - Bills waived CB Cameron Dantzler with injury designation and sign FA CB Kyron Brown
DET - sign FA WR Trey Quinn, release with injury designation WR Tom Kennedy

Phicinfan

Administrator
IND - reports out Jonathan Taylor has requested a trade
BAL - per HC JK Dobbins was placed on PUP but per Harbaugh his return is complicated - in other words he is holding out as well per some reports

hikeNbike

Irsay is an idiot. Not necessarily for his stance which is line with other owners, but more so because he ran his mouth and pushed this situation with Taylor. Guessing had he kept his mouth shut this wouldn't have been a major issue till after this season.

hikeNbike

Don't know when the next collective bargaining agreement is due, but guess here is it's going to get rather ugly. Think may not just be owners vs. players. But players vs. players too. I know QB is the most important position, and it's a passing league but it feels almost criminal that star rbs are making less than middling tight ends, Cole Kmet making more than just about every RB in the league I think.

hikeNbike

Will Burrow be back for start of the season or does that timetable put him back a couple weeks after it?

efactor

Coming at you
I know QB is the most important position, and it's a passing league but it feels almost criminal that star rbs are making less than middling tight ends, Cole Kmet making more than just about every RB in the league I think.
Yeah, that's pretty gross. The current system of using a RB up on his rookie contract and moving on really sucks. Not sure what the answer is realistically, but something needs to change.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Couple of things, the issue is wear and tear on the position, not just pay. Owners aren’t stupid, you don’t over pay a RB that has an average life span of 5 years. They run into and through contact, they stay in and block on passing downs and they catch tons of balls in high contact areas. That is the reality. Not to be unfair to some incredible RBs but 9 times outta 10 the back doesn’t earn the money on his 2nd contract. So that would require a rework of current CBA, which will require players to give something up. In this, I would as an owner say ok we pay RBs higher on earlier contract but we now cap QB salaries

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Steelers say rookie FB Monte Pottebaum is retiring from the NFL.

He was the only fullback on the roster.

Oops lol

Arctic Dawgs

I have thought that all the players got really screwed on this contract. Always thought that 4yrs was too long for the Rookie Contract. I think it should be 2yrs. The GM's should know by then a players value

Arctic Dawgs

Couple of things, the issue is wear and tear on the position, not just pay. Owners aren’t stupid, you don’t over pay a RB that has an average life span of 5 years. They run into and through contact, they stay in and block on passing downs and they catch tons of balls in high contact areas. That is the reality. Not to be unfair to some incredible RBs but 9 times outta 10 the back doesn’t earn the money on his 2nd contract. So that would require a rework of current CBA, which will require players to give something up. In this, I would as an owner say ok we pay RBs higher on earlier contract but we now cap QB salaries
Fock I have been having a tough time posting with quotes on my phone.

What I wanted to say was that I think the rookies REALLY got screwed on the players contract with the NFL. I believe they should only be locked in for about 2yrs. The GM's should know the value of a player to the team by then

MongerKhan

Staff member
Seahawks’ HC Pete Carroll told reporters that rookie RB Zach Charbonnet has a shoulder injury and is out indefinitely..

Kenneth Walker also hasn't been practicing due to a groin injury.

efactor

Coming at you
Steelers say rookie FB Monte Pottebaum is retiring from the NFL.

He was the only fullback on the roster.

Oops lol
Damn Monte. Didn’t even give us a chance to know you. Like a girl that says she won’t go out with you when you never asked her in the first place. Say it ain’t so!

MongerKhan

Staff member
Breaking: Colts considering placing Jonathan Taylor on non-football injury list (NFI), per source. He suffered some type of back injury while working out on own in Arizona.
Also still rehabbing from January ankle surgery. Currently on PUP.

Wonder who leaked this news lol

Phicinfan

Administrator
Seahawks’ HC Pete Carroll told reporters that rookie RB Zach Charbonnet has a shoulder injury and is out indefinitely..

Kenneth Walker also hasn't been practicing due to a groin injury.
Is there some kind of RB curse in Seattle??

Seriously they can’t catch a break