NFL News, Rumors, In/Out - Pre-Superbowl

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announces the Eagles will be the host team in the inaugural Brazil game this season — and it will be on Friday night of kickoff weekend.
So here's the "home" opponents for the Eagles:
Cowboys
Giants
Commanders
Browns
Falcons
Jaguars
Steelers
Packers
Panthers

Money match is Dallas but I could easily see Jacksonville because their owner love foreign games.

If you want a pretty guaranteed win for Philly overseas, you pick Washington or Carolina

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
NYG - hire Shane Bowen as DC
KC - Kadarius Toney at it again, causing issues and denying injury and then saying he wasn't talking about KC. I think the Giants are having fun watching all of this

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
So here's the "home" opponents for the Eagles:
Cowboys
Giants
Commanders
Browns
Falcons
Jaguars
Steelers
Packers
Panthers

Money match is Dallas but I could easily see Jacksonville because their owner love foreign games.

If you want a pretty guaranteed win for Philly overseas, you pick Washington or Carolina
Dallas equals money no matter where they play. I don't see the NFL"wasting it" in Brazil.
I could see Washington with a new coach or Carolina because I dont see the draw here for either

Phicinfan

Administrator
Dallas equals money no matter where they play. I don't see the NFL"wasting it" in Brazil.
I could see Washington with a new coach or Carolina because I dont see the draw here for either
No way will NFL take Dallas or Giants games since they are major division rivalries. For that matter don't see the Commanders either. My gut says it will be Browns or Falcons or Jags. Although Jags usually are the European games. So Panthers, Falcons or Browns would be my bet.

Phicinfan

Administrator
PIT- Art Rooney II hinted that the team may be looking to trade for a vet QB, to compete against Pickett. I guess Mason Rudolph didn't show enough?

Phicinfan

Administrator
LAC - Greg Roman confirmed to be new OC for Chargers - he has history with Harbaugh. Harbaugh also grabs his former DC at Michigan to take over in Chargers land as well - Jesse Minter

TexanGrrl

Wonder Woman
SEA - Seahawks have hired Leslie Frazier as Assistant Head Coach. He's a long time mentor of Mike Macdonald the new Seahawks Head Coach. They've also hired Jay Harbaugh, son of Jim, as the Special Teams Coordinator. Jay spent a year working with Macdonald at Michigan in 2021. And they also snagged LB Coach Kirk Olivadotti from Green Bay. Another guy that has a connection to Macdonald going all the way back to their time together at Georgia from 2011 to 2013.

Phicinfan

Administrator
DAL - has expanded DC interviews to include Mike Zimmer, Rex Ryan and Ron Rivera, as well as DL coach Aden Durde
LVR - DL Janarius Robinson arrested for DUI

MongerKhan

Staff member
Bros...

Tony Pollard was on Pat McAfee today and they asked a question about Dan Quinn becoming HC of Washington.

He didn't know until that second.

Quinn got hired 6 days ago.

HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW

MongerKhan

Staff member
Legendary Chargers TE Antonio Gates will NOT be entering the Hall of Fame tonight as a first-ballot HOFer.

Gates played 16 years and his 116 touchdown receptions are the most by a tight end in #NFL    history.

AN ABSOLUTE FU*KING ROBBERY THOSE PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED

MongerKhan

Staff member
Texans WR Andre Johnson is headed to the NFL Hall of Fame!! 🐐🤘

- 1062 Receptions
- 14,185 Yards
- 70 Touchdowns
- First Texans player to join the Texans Ring of Honor

Andre Johnson becomes the FIRST member in franchise history to become a member of the Hall of Fame!

About damn time.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Lamar Jackson MVP
Christian McCaffrey offensive player of the year
Joe Flacco comeback player of the year
Will Anderson Defensive rookie
Myles Garrett Def player of the year
CJ Stroud Off rookie
Jim Schwartz AP Asst coach of the year

KC - Rashee Rice got stepped on in practice
DAL - expected to name Mike Zimmer DC
NYJ - Woody Johnson stating team MUST be much better than 7 wins. Hot Seat for Saleh

MongerKhan

Staff member
Lamar Jackson MVP
Christian McCaffrey offensive player of the year
Joe Flacco comeback player of the year
Will Anderson Defensive rookie
Myles Garrett Def player of the year
CJ Stroud Off rookie
Jim Schwartz AP Asst coach of the year

KC - Rashee Rice got stepped on in practice
DAL - expected to name Mike Zimmer DC
NYJ - Woody Johnson stating team MUST be much better than 7 wins. Hot Seat for Saleh
Good for Flacco. Right person won.

MongerKhan

Staff member
Pro Football Hall of Fame, Class of 2024:

🏈Julius Peppers
🏈Devin Hester
🏈Dwight Freeney
🏈Andre Johnson
🏈Patrick Willis
🏈Steve McMichael
🏈Randy Gradishar

Phicinfan

Administrator
Cameron Heywood wins NFL Walter Payton man of the year
Rumor - Bears now taking talks on the #1 pick - there has been a ton of teammates coming out for Justin Fields, wonder if management is getting nervous? I do think they get great picks for that #1

MongerKhan

Staff member
Cameron Heywood wins NFL Walter Payton man of the year
Rumor - Bears now taking talks on the #1 pick - there has been a ton of teammates coming out for Justin Fields, wonder if management is getting nervous? I do think they get great picks for that #1
Commanders are the team to watch IMO