NFL News, Rumors, In/Out - NFL Draft week

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Time for some fun, watch the rumors fly this week...

WAS - Schefter and a few others are floating around that Jayden Daniels doesn't want to go to Washington, that he would much rather go to Raiders(who have NO shot of getting to #2). Have heard rumbles that if Raiders can get to #3, Daniels will make sure he isn't taken by Commanders. - I don't believe this for nothing but....
MIN - Vikings are still one of the leading teams expected to make a move up from where they are to get a QB.
NE - per reports I expect them to keep #3, and take QB. However, I keep reading that they would take a blockbuster deal if it came - so keep an eye on Vikings or Giants or some other QB hungry team.
SF - rumors flying that there could be a deal to ship out Aiyuk, if they can get value. Aiyuk has made it clear he wants to say in San Fran, but wants paid as well.

Phicinfan

Administrator
KC - reports out of Chiefs land saying how they never lost faith in Kadarius Toney, tells you just how worried they are over Rashee Rice folks....

efactor

Coming at you
KC - reports out of Chiefs land saying how they never lost faith in Kadarius Toney, tells you just how worried they are over Rashee Rice folks....
Rice will be suspended and while I thought initially he might get a full season, I now think 8 games is max and probably cut it to 4-6. Of course he could get the Kamara treatment and get 2-3 as well.

Toney is a very talented player if he could ever get the mental part of the game down, which I have my doubts about. But yeah, they completely lost faith in him last year so that's a hilarious spin

Phicinfan

Administrator
WAS - released DL Shaka Toney - just reinstated from gambling suspension

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Milf Hunter and Jets QB Zach Wilson traded to Denver.

Jets will receive a 2024 sixth-round selection (No. 203)

Broncos get Wilson and a 2024 seventh-round pick (No. 256)

Also, the Jets and Broncos are splitting the $5.5 million that is due Wilson this season: Jets are paying $2.75 million and the Broncos are paying $2.75 million.

MongerKhan

Staff member
Milf Hunter and Jets QB Zach Wilson traded to Denver.

Jets will receive a 2024 sixth-round selection (No. 203)

Broncos get Wilson and a 2024 seventh-round pick (No. 256)

Also, the Jets and Broncos are splitting the $5.5 million that is due Wilson this season: Jets are paying $2.75 million and the Broncos are paying $2.75 million.
Broncos current QB room: Zach Wilson, Jarrett Stidham, and Ben DiNucci 😆 🤣

MongerKhan

Staff member
Breaking: Andy Reid is now the NFL’s highest-paid coach on a deal that runs through 2029.

GM Brett Veach also is under contract through the end of the decade

President Mark Donovan also extended.

I'll post more when available

Phicinfan

Administrator
Draft rumor - there are rumors out there that Vikings may be offering up Justin Jefferson to get up to #2 to get Jayden Daniels. Would be a huge mistake IMO. But I have heard it from more than one site.
HOU - sign FA LB Jacob Phillips
SF - dodge, duck and dive on talk on Aiyuk. I doubt they let him go, he is too good. But WOW there is a ton of smoke he may be gone Thursday or Friday night.
CHI - Bears to announce and release plans for new domed stadium in Chicago City proper that is publicly owned on Wednesday
NE - sign FA TE MItchell Wilcox
DEN - signed FA CB Levi Wallace to a one year deal
SEA - new HC McDonald has cleared out all the old photo's from superbowl team and all the old statements posted from old HC - wants new culture.....
Robert Kraft has ended all financial support of Columbia University due to antisemitism issues on campus. - You go Robert
PHI - Draft rumor - Rosman is supposedly working the phones to move up in round 1, not sure who the target is
CIN - reports out that Sam Hubbard DE had significant ankle surgery off season - but he says all is okay now......

Phicinfan

Administrator
ATL - some reports out that Falcon's 1st round pick at #9 may be forfeit due to tampering on Kirk Cousins. Nothing confirmed yet.
PHI - also some reports that Eagles will be penalized for tampering on Saquon Barkley but it will be a 3rd rounder instead

Phicinfan

Administrator
NE - reports out teams have reached out for pick #3, but they feel they have not received a real offer yet
CIN - re-signs QB Jake Browning to a 2 year deal

MongerKhan

Staff member
NFL says tampering investigation still going on against Falcons and Eagles and will not be concluded this week.

efactor

Coming at you
ATL - some reports out that Falcon's 1st round pick at #9 may be forfeit due to tampering on Kirk Cousins. Nothing confirmed yet.
PHI - also some reports that Eagles will be penalized for tampering on Saquon Barkley but it will be a 3rd rounder instead
Ouch for Atlanta. That's pretty devastating.
If this scenario ends up happening, will be interesting to see why one is so much more severe than the other. Seems tampering is tampering. "Well, Philly only tampered a little while Atlanta really tampered a lot. "

Typical NFL though. Very arbitrary and random punishments.

Phicinfan

Administrator
SF - reports still out there Aiyuk could get dealt
PHI - CB Isaiah Rodgers has finally been reinstated from gambling suspension
DAL - Jerry Jones says they are all in on draft - sorry Cowboy fans!
LVR - reports out that Raiders have tried to trade for Pick #2

MongerKhan

Staff member
Giants TE Darren Waller and Kelsey Plum divorcing after 13 months. Per TMZ Sports

Didn't people make a big fuss about him getting traded to NY on his wedding day or something?

Guess it didn't matter after all

TexanGrrl

Wonder Woman
SEA - new HC McDonald has cleared out all the old photo's from superbowl team and all the old statements posted from old HC - wants new culture.....
Only 1 hallway from the team meeting room to the training facilities is being remodeled. Fresh paint, digital displays to rotate through all team historic moments, and other stuff. The rest of the campus still has other pictures and memorabilia of the Superbowl years and stuff. Good Heavens why are so many people making an issue out of this? (LOOKING AT YOU RICHARD SHERMAN!)

Every new coach changes stuff up. Good lord, where was the crying and screaming when Pete Carroll did it to Mike Holmgren's legacy?

Phicinfan

Administrator
Giants TE Darren Waller and Kelsey Plum divorcing after 13 months. Per TMZ Sports

Didn't people make a big fuss about him getting traded to NY on his wedding day or something?

Guess it didn't matter after all
Retire already Waller, so she doesn’t take much from you