NFL News, Rumors for Start of Free Agency

efactor

Coming at you
Here is the thing, Buffalo is eating $30+ million in dead cap hit this year, to get rid of Diggs. So while Houston may have made a great deal, not sure what Diggs will do to the atmosphere there. Especially with two fantastic younger WRs already there to pull passes.

Diggs forced this, I don't know why, but its the same thing as Minnesota 4 years ago.
But he was great both playing and attitude wise his first two years in Buffalo. I would hope they talked to him before the deal was done to make sure everyone is on the same page. He will get his so think he will be fine.

As far as the why, maybe he hates snow 🤷🏻

efactor

Coming at you
Rice’s lawyer confirms he was driving the Lamborghini. All media outlets

Guess it was pretty hard to deny with the video out there

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Texans wipe final 3 years of Diggs contract, move guaranteed $ from next year to this year. His new salary is a bit over 22 mil for a 1 year deal basically.

Diggs will be a F/A next year and Houston GM has leveraged that this is a prove it year for Diggs and then he can go sign the biggest deal possible next off season wherever he goes.

As close to a guarantee as you'll get that this will now ensure maximize effort from Diggs for 1 season.

Chess not checkers.

efactor

Coming at you
Texans wipe final 3 years of Diggs contract, move guaranteed $ from next year to this year. His new salary is a bit over 22 mil for a 1 year deal basically.

Diggs will be a F/A next year and Houston GM has leveraged that this is a prove it year for Diggs and then he can go sign the biggest deal possible next off season wherever he goes.

As close to a guarantee as you'll get that this will now ensure maximize effort from Diggs for 1 season.

Chess not checkers.
Interesting.

I’m starting to like this situation for him vs being in the Joe Brady offense in Buffalo playing with a team he doesn’t want to be with. Not a top 5 top FF receiver any longer but top 12 won’t surprise me.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
NFL/College Football reports- Notice please I did not say NCAA. Per PFT and a few other sources, NCAA in Football may be gone soon. Reports show the NFL is working with a few lead Football Division leaders to potentially form a "professional" college Super League. With the NIL money now in place the fallacy of College players not getting paid is gone. This would take 70 total College football teams and create all new divisions and league. They would also have 10 teams on stand bye, so they can inject them if the current 70 need to change. Also reports are out Disney(ESPN) are close to negotiating a 10-15 year deal to get all the football playoffs and division championship games. This Super League would put a spike in Disney. Unless they are negotiating to protect for both.

PIT - came to terms with TE MyCole Pruitt, waive RB Alfonzo Graham
ATL - sign CB Antonio Hamilton
BUF - sign FA OT La'el Collins to a one year deal
BAL - re-sign LB Kyle Van Noy to a 2 year deal
PHI - signed OT Jordan Mailata to a 3 year extension
CLE - Deshaun Watson says he will be ready to go week 1 for sure
DEN - sign OC Sam Mustipher to a one year deal
NO - signs LB Khaleke Hudson
PHI - re-signs CB Avante Maddox to a one year deal - good slot corner who just can't stay healthy

MongerKhan

Staff member
Except that they give up a high value 2nd rounder for a rental player. The main reason I liked it in my previous post was that they had him under contract for 4 years. Seems more like checkers to me now.
I believe it's Minnesotas 2025 2nd rounder which would probably be a low 2nd. It's mutually beneficial and all the pressure is on Diggs to not show his poor attitude and/or effort. He is literally forced to play as hard as possible or he's costing himself.

I love all aspects as an OG Texans fan.

Phicinfan

Administrator
NE - sign S Kyle Dugger to a 4 year contract extension - was on the transition tag
KC - Dallas is trying to step up and lure the Chiefs to Texas after their failure to get public funding to enhance their current stadium
NYG - still no decision by Darren Waller if he will play or retire this year
KC - re-signed DE Michael Danna with a new 3 year deal
MIA - reportedly signing FA DT Teair Tart
NYG - re-sign S/LB Isaiah Simmons, signed RB Dante Miller
LVR - release OL D.J. Fluker
CAR - sign DL Derrick Brown to a new 4 year extension

Phicinfan

Administrator
DAL - local Dallas news insiders are calling out issues coming for the Cowboys, including CeeDee Lamb hold out for new contract and trading away Micah Parsons(evidently he has majorly ticked off some coaches and team mates).

Phicinfan

Administrator
ATL - signs DL James Smith-Williams, CB Kevin King
SF - signs RB Patrick Taylor and TE Eric Saubert
SEA - re-signs RFA's LB Jon Rattigan and CB Michael Jackson, and ERFA's DE Myles Adams, OG McClendon Curtis, OT Raiqwon O'Neal, LB Joshua Onujiogu, TE Brady Russell

Phicinfan

Administrator
HOU - cut WR Alex Bachman, DE Myjai Sanders and DB Josh Thompson
NYG - sign WR Myles Boykin
SEA - sign OT Matt Pircher, and place RB Bryant Korback on reserved/retired list
KC - have re-signed ERFA OG Mike Caliendo, and S Nazeeh Johnson

MongerKhan

Staff member
Pro Bowl LB Josh Allen reached agreement on a five-year, $150 million contract that includes $88 million guaranteed, sources tell ESPN.

Allen had a Jaguars franchise-record 17.5 sacks last season.

MongerKhan

Staff member
Terrell Suggs got arrested in Arizona.

Terrell Suggs reportedly pulled a gun out and threatened to kill a man in an arguement while at a Starbucks, per @TMZ_Sports

“The man swore at Suggs, before the ex-NFL superstar challenged him to a fight. The former Baltimore Ravens pass rusher allegedly then called the man a "p***y ass cracker," before adding, "I'll kill your b*tch ass."

Suggs was ultimately booked on two charges -- one felony count of disorderly conduct involving weapons, and one misdemeanor count of threatening or intimidating.

Full story

MongerKhan

Staff member
An arrest warrant has been issued for Chiefs WR Rashee Rice connected to his involvement in a multi-vehicle crash in Dallas.

He has 24 hours to turn himself in before they go looking for him