New Matt Jones arrest

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Well, this should just about do it for his NFL career. Id anticipate a couple years in the Goodell pokey.

dukdown

Banned
Absolutely unbelievable.

There's always the new United Football League. He and Mike Vick should make a great hook-up.

dukdown

Banned
ok, I see what happened now. It's not as bad as I first thought. He got popped on a drug test for alcohol. As part of his condition for treatment, of course, he's not supposed to be drinking or anything. Says he went golfing and had some beers. Shouldn't be anything career-threatening.

Coachnorm

Apparently this judge gave Jones the option of jail time or entering a 6 week rehab program. Since the 6 week program would interfere with OTAs Jones took the time and will be in jail until Sunday.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
ok, I see what happened now. It's not as bad as I first thought. He got popped on a drug test for alcohol. As part of his condition for treatment, of course, he's not supposed to be drinking or anything. Says he went golfing and had some beers. Shouldn't be anything career-threatening.
Disagree.

He was on probation and violated that probation by drinking alcohol. If Goodell is on par here...he will face suspension as a repeat offender. I think he served some suspension last year did he not? If so this will be min. 8 games.