Mike Tolbert

Remote Controller

Can you say badass?
-- Mike Tolbert Takes Up Boxing --
Fri Jun 24, 2011 --from FFMastermind.com​
The National Football Post reports San Diego Chargers RB Mike Tolbert is taking out his frustrations and staying in shape during the NFL lockout by pounding on punching bags. The big running back has taken up boxing during the work stoppage. He's down to 244 pounds from 258 pounds and sparring with heavyweights. He works out five times per week. “I’m naturally born aggressive,” Tolbert told the San Diego Union-Tribune. “Before this, I’d done some Jiu-Jitsu and taekwondo, but never strictly boxing. It’s rough; it’s the roughest workout I’ve had in my life. It’s a completely different type of animal. In the NFL, you’re like a tiger, but in boxing you’re a lion. “My first day here six months ago I was taking it light and I was exhausted. I felt like I was going to die. But I fell in love with it. If I could do it 24 hours a day, I would. I feel like I could go 7-8 rounds now without breaking a sweat. Conditioning is so difficult; I really think it’s going to translate to what I do on the football field.”

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Tolbert is one of the better ff backups in football. The offseason fluff pieces are always good to hear unless your name is Kenny Britt and this one on Tolbert is more reassurance that he should be one of the first backups taken later in drafts.