Mike Patterson collapses during Eagles practice

Redjiik

Apparently Eagles DT Mike Patterson collapsed and went into convulsions this morning at practice before drills. This is terrible news hope he pulls through and it wasn't anything to serious.

Redjiik

Sounds like he is ok, is texting friends and teammates from the hospital. The Eagles are saying it was a seizure and is undergoing test now.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
I'm betting it has something to do with heat and blood chemistry. I hope they can get everything straightened out so he's OK.

Redjiik

Heat stroke has all but been ruled out, it was a seizure, temps that morning was like 70 degrees they say, he's going to stay over night at the hospital but it sounds like he's ok, no brain bleeding or anything.

DearbornDolfan

Heat stroke has all but been ruled out, it was a seizure, temps that morning was like 70 degrees they say

Heat stroke has more to do with your hydration level than actual heat. When I was in basic we had three guys in the company drop from heat stroke during morning PT when it was in the 70s and overcast. That said, I don't doubt the medical report.

Redjiik

well earlier reports say they were treating him for dehyrdation, but i guess we'll just have to wait till later today when he gets released. i don't think its a heat stroke cause i thought those were a lot serious than what seemed to happen to him.