Administrator
Michael Oher

Offensive Tackle - Ole Miss

• Height - 6'4"
  • Weight - 309
  • 40 Time - 5.19
Draft Projection - First Round

NFL Impact
Michael Oher has great size and shows very good athleticism. He moves well and can get to the next level. His lateral quickness is a big asset in pass protection. He has a good burst off the line and locks in on defenders well. His biggest concern is his inconsistency. He gets sloppy at times and fails to play up to his potential. He still has considerable upside and makes an intriguing pro prospect. If he applies himself he could be right with the top tackles in this class.

So where do you think Oher will land? How successful will he be in the NFL?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjM8bL0X9P4"]YouTube - LT Michael Oher Highlights Ole Miss 2008[/ame]

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Cincinnati appears to be looking at this guy and could be prepared to make the first big reach of the draft at #6 if J Smith and Monroe both go in the top 5 as expected.

Mixed feeling on this. I do think Oher is a solid prospect, but 6 seems a bit high. It does fill a big need for improvement on the OL though. However, one thing that makes me very happy on this is that this points to the fact that Andre Smith has fallen on the Bengals board and they will not go that route in round 1. That is great news as I think that kid is a brush fire and I don't want anything to do with that bust.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I saw that report as well, and I hope the Bengals at least look aggressively towards trading back a handful of slots if they really want Oher. Would help them out immensely with an extra pick or two on day 1.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I do as well, would make all the sense in the world, but they will need to find someone to dance with. Maybe someone will deal up for Raji or Crab??

Arctic Dawgs

I do as well, would make all the sense in the world, but they will need to find someone to dance with. Maybe someone will deal up for Raji or Crab??

My exact feelings for Seattle if Monroe and Smith are gone.

ie: swap 1st rd picks with the raiders and get Bush maybe ??
or back to the 8/10 slot and get another 3rd.

Don't forget the Giants are rumoured to be in the Crab market, but that is probably too far back for Oher

Arctic Dawgs

Email from Fanball
Mar 30, 2009 09:23 AM CDT

Oher to work out for Rams

The News
The Rams will have a private workout with Michael Oher (Mississippi), according to the Star-Telegram.

Our View
Oher is a good athlete and has the talent to serve at left tackle in the NFL, but needs time to develop as he was hindered by three different position coaches over a four-year span at Mississippi. He is still a first-round prospect, but is not as safe a pick as Eugene Monroe or Jason Smith.
Someone else eyeing up trade backs

Last edited by a moderator: