Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Start a new Mock when Rd 3 is finished in the existing Mock

• Do both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arctic Dawgs

There has a bit of talk in the discussion thread about how many rounds to run the Member Mock Draft. There has also been a fair amount of FA action that changes the way a lot of Teams will go in the draft during the last month.

I better see 20 answers on this poll :xpaddle:

If we do start another draft and you wish to relinquish your team, please post it here. Otherwise it will be with everyone keeping the same teams

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought maybe I had become a free agent (since nobody drafted me)

Can I draft GBG. She's the member I'd like to Mock with the most

Fire

in the hole
Someone else can have Detroit if there is another one. I had my fun with the 1st one.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I won't do a second mock. I will finish out this one if we decide to extend though.

jmsmith1

The mock GM drafts Im used to doing, we actually go through the full scenario. We take the team as is after the Super Bowl. We do franchising, restricted and unrestricted free agency, trades that include picks, and then the draft. At the end, we all submit our final disposition on how we do. The first year I did it, I won and was made a moderator for the second one. The last two times, I did really well, but being a moderator, I wanted others to have a chance. Its alot of fun, and its alot more in depth. Maybe next season, if you guys are cool with it, could I have temporary mod status and set it up?

Also, I say lets go the full seven rounds first. But after that, lets come back and just redo the first three. I'm interested to see how much would change in the three rounds.

Having said that, I'll take on Detroit and several other teams to make it happen!

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I went both because I can see the logic in starting again, but I'd also like to keep going in our current one in order to get to the 5th round or so before draft weekend.

Although I don't have a stake since Pittsburgh hasn't made any strategy-altering signings, and they likely won't.

bobbeaux

i said both as I'd like to see the current mock go thru at least round 4 . . . but, if we start a new mock to allow for adjustments due to free agency moves, i'd like to see us start with the most current draft pick listing that has all of the pick trades as of that date . . . ;)

Arctic Dawgs

i said both as I'd like to see the current mock go thru at least round 4 . . . but, if we start a new mock to allow for adjustments due to free agency moves, i'd like to see us start with the most current draft pick listing that has all of the pick trades as of that date . . . ;)

I have been updating the Draft Order thread with the trades. That is the order that would be used. There is 1 trade in that draft order that I do not know the history of. Clarification on that would be nice if anyone knows. Thanks

bobbeaux

I have been updating the Draft Order thread with the trades. That is the order that would be used. There is 1 trade in that draft order that I do not know the history of. Clarification on that would be nice if anyone knows. Thanks

and doing a fine job, i might add . . . ;)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
just a side note, I think this current one is scheduled for 4 rounds, so the new one would likely want to start after we finish 4 here if that is what is wanted.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Possibly we could press forward until the compensatory picks are announced, then put this one to rest and embark on a more official version, 2.0?

jmsmith1

If we could do at least 5 rounds, that would be great. But if not, lets start a full 7 rounder after this since some of the trades and FA signees have definitely altered strategies. I know the Rosenfels trade for a 4th rounder altered my plans because I dont think i realized it was fourth this year. I'll take as many teams as necessary to make it work!

Arctic Dawgs

Possibly we could press forward until the compensatory picks are announced, then put this one to rest and embark on a more official version, 2.0?

So far we have 10/15 want to keep the existing Mock going and 10/15 that want to Start a new Mock. Both are winners

What I had planned was starting the new version 4 weeks before the actual draft. The Comp picks don't come into play until the end of round 3. We should know them before we get there and be able to add them in.

I'll start putting a list of Members/team together and asking for some teams to be taken over. I was also thing of having a backup member/team as well in case somebody gets caught unavailable when they are up.