McCaffrey or Freeman rest of way?

efactor

Coming at you
Got offered Freeman for McCaffrey by a guy who needs to win this week to make the playoffs. I’m looking ahead to the playoffs and think Freeman has way more big game potential. Am I off base here with the concussion issue into play?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
That's the question for sure "E." If youare willing to gamble that Freeman doesn't get knocked silly again this year (which would likely end his year) then I love this trade for you. No guts, no glory. I'd do the deal.

cctekguy

Staff member
I disagree with Mud.

Even a healthy Freeman has Coleman to deal with. He wasn't great before he was injured so why would he be great now?

McCaffrey is unchallenged and I think the return of Olsen is going to spark the offense.

Hold on to the young man.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Unchallenged? It seems a lot of players think that way but the numbers just don't back them up and it is not the truth. Maybe you forget that Stewart is there putting a cap on Mcs touches. Likely it's by design because the pint sized RB isn't thought to be able to carry the load of a bell cow.

Here's Stewarts carries of late. If you note he gets more work than Coleman does when Freeman is in charge.

Week 11 bye

week 10- 17 rushes, 110 yds. New trend or game flow?.. McCaffrey- 5 rushes, 3 rec.
Week 9- 11 rushes .. McCaffrey 15 rushes, 5 rec.
Week 8- 11 rushes.. McCaffrey 4 rushes, 5 rec.
Week 7- 14 rushes .. McCaffrey 7 rushes, 7 catches

Before those games his carries were a low of 8 up to a high of 18 per game.

Through 9 weeks (one was a bye) Coleman had 59 carries. That's 7.3 carries a week (8 actual games) and little threat to Freeman.

Through 9 weeks (non were bye) Stewart had 106 carries.That's 12 carries a week for Stewart who is used as a RB 1-B.

I stopped at 9 weeks here because Freeman missed weeks 10 & 11.

Weeks 7-10 McCaffrey only out touched Stewart 1 time.

69 rushes this year for McCafrey. Freeman has 116 and has missed 2 games.
57 receptions this year for McCaffrey. Freeman has 19.
Total touches for McCaffrey is 126. Total for Freeman is 135. I remind you that Freeman has missed 2 games and still has been used more (volume) than McCafrey.

Volume should be one of your main goals and the deciding factor when choosing between 2 equally talented RB's. The volume clearly is on a healthy Freeman's side here.

Last edited:

efactor

Coming at you
Looks it.

No wonder the Broncos are a train wreck. They start Lynch who might be the worst QB I have seen in forever. Makes Osweiller look like Elway. Then they start Anderson who over Booker and sprinkle in a bunch of Jamal Charles, who is done, done, done. I know Booker isn't great, but he can get behind the LBs and catch the ball. Makes no sense.