Matt Forte is p*ssed

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
@MattForte22: There's only so many times a man that has done everything he's been asked to do can be disrespected! Guess the GOOD GUYS do finish last...

Cant blame him.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Wonder what happened now?

Well, the team went out and signed his replacement, and won't give him the $$ he wants for a long term deal. So he just got tagged, and I bet you won't see him now for a long while.

*edit to add* the bears just signed Michael Bush rb formerly of raiders to a 4 year deal.

RLLD

Once again, for the players, its only a business when they want more money, otherwise, its personal

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
He would command more over a longer deal on open market. The Bears have handled this wrong from the get go.

gizzil

he can holdout and get nothing if he wants - the CBA allows for franchise tags. plain and simple

gizzil

haha yeah - unless he plays the role of "good soldier" again and plays for the 7.4 million he's guaranteed... even then bus may usurp some TD's

xqj47alpha

Banned
From a team perspective, it's a great move.
I thought they'd move for that Giant RB.
There could be more to Forte's injury, but this looks like a two-headed beast to me.

And less reason for Cutler to cut-loose on so many ill-advised Favre-like episodes.

gizzil

ohhh yeah - if they both play it's a huge load off cutler, as well as the poor o line... add to this some marshall love, this is shaping up very nicely, and cheaply, for the offense. i dunno if a bears offseason has ever been as successful at filling holes... and they haven't drafted yet or anything. i feel like there's a real NFL front office at work in town...

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
gree with Giz...the CBA allows it....and like it or not, RB is becoming one of the least important positions in the NFL. Why pay Forte a huge deal when they can get Bush for decent money and tag Forte. It would be bad business to do so IMO. RB's need to start to realize there just isn't a high end market for their position any longer.

xqj47alpha

Banned
and realize they are the player closest to a season-ending injury.

Gone are the days
of Sayers and Sanders.
When the RB was the elegant slayer of open space players.

When the RB would send said would-be tackler to the locker room
to replace the jock strap he was just faked out of on National TV.

Gone are the days

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Those days are not done, there are plenty of great backs out there.....teams have just realized that they can easily replace a star RB and many of the would be stars can't stay healthy anyways......so why lock up big money in a disposable position in a salary cap era?

Gone are the days of mega contracts for all RB's except the very elite.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Miller is right on the assessment, hence why good RBs are easy to find and there are what? 4-6 elite QBs on the planet?