Marques Colston?

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
What happened to Colston? He scored a TD then disappeared. Did I miss something during the game? Was there an injury? Was he missing in a lot of plays? Was he just covered that good by the cornerback?

Trickster

There are just too many weapons on that team. But still, I would have expected more out of Colston. It won't be long until Henderson starts sucking, Shockey gets injured, and Meachem doesn't do diddly

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
There are just too many weapons on that team. But still, I would have expected more out of Colston. It won't be long until Henderson starts sucking, Shockey gets injured, and Meachem doesn't do diddly
I kind of agree.

Shockey won't have this type of game often. He will get hurt. Henderson has ONE or TWO of these a year...and gets zip after. Meachem....I am still watching him...in this offense he has the talent to be like Henry for Bengals...getting the deep score once in a while.

I think once Moore gets fully healthy...and the offense gets in sync...you will see more Colston. Detroit..to a little credit..took Colston away some.

Jetdoc

I had a choice between Colston and Jennings in my drafts, and I bought into the Colston hype machine. I'm just hoping that this isn't a decision that I'm going to regret.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I had a choice between Colston and Jennings in my drafts, and I bought into the Colston hype machine. I'm just hoping that this isn't a decision that I'm going to regret.
:scared: Wow...I doubt I would have made that choice....Jennings is always money.

Remote Controller

Jennings is the much better choice between the two. I do believe this week that Moore and Colston will be more involved then henderson and Meachem due to the Eagles lightning fast def getting to brees. He will need to work shorter routes to dependable hands. Moore should really step up, and Shockey will also stay active. my 2 cents

Birdman

Ready For Some Football

I drafted both of them in SOFFL. Don't really regret it... at least not yet.

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
Its still very early though. I wouldn't count out anybody catching the ball from Drew Brees yet, at least until they show a good reason that they can't get the job done.

Jackson

The Green Phoenix
Staff member
I'm a Saints fan, and I love Colston, but I would have drafted Jennings instead. First, I would have wanted to see how he recovered from his hand injury last year (I think it's fine), and the other thing is, Brees like to spread the ball around a lot. I bet Jennings gets more throws from Rodgers. Colston is fine; I just think Jennings might have been a better fantasy value.

cctekguy

Staff member
I know it's not good for fantasy purposes, but ya gotta love New Orleans' WRBC. Any old Tom, Dick or Harry will do as far as Brees is concerned, but no matter who it is, you can bet its NOT the guy you started that week. :xpissed:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Here's my take, for what it ain't worth........... As long as Shockey is healthy you should start him. That buys you three or so weeks.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Now back to the subject, Colston is never gonna be your money in the bank. It's not the Saint's style. When he rings it up you should win.