Manziel - no charges to be filed in Texas, but no NFL future?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I have seen some interesting stories released, and Mike and Mike had a long take as well.

Net, no charges will be filed against Johnny. However, Dallas has made it clear they want no part of him, and his Agent just divested himself in a release that makes Johnny look like a total nut case waiting to explode.

I doubt we see him at all this year, and maybe never again if the abuse stuff every sticks.

Phicinfan

Administrator
And...we can add the fact his ex. girlfriend has asked for a protection order, even though cops won't press charges. My guess is she agreed not to cooperate if he just left her alone. How sad is that.

ExperiencedRookie

How bad did Cleveland screw up when they drafted him?? Bridgewater and Carr both on the board at that point of the draft.

Or they could have taken an offensive weapon like Kelvin Benjamin or Jordan Matthews

Mike

Administrator
Could have traded that pick to Dallas for multiple picks too. Dallas had a love affair with Manziel at the time

Glad that didn't happen.

Sadly, too many people end up like this due to how sports has treated them up through the ranks. You can bet this guy, like many others before him, had the world handed to him until he hit the NFL. No telling how much negative behavior has gone overlooked because of his talent. It's the dark side of sports that may never get fixed, and probably effects far more people than the concussion concern that gets all the headlines.

Phicinfan

Administrator
So, we think he will end up the next Ryan Leaf and be in prison? Or will this finally give him a wake up call, and get his act together? I happen to think the first option.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
If Jerrah signs him to the Cowboys he'll get the last chance probation option in criminal court.

But the thing I am wondering is he beat the crap out of her, allegedly, and we're not hearing anything about this to the level of Ray Rice or Adrian Peterson whooping his kid.

No women's groups are outraged.. no calls for him to be removed from the NFL.... just hearing oh poor Johnny and we have to get him some help.

No equality at all

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay this got exponentially worse. He hit the girl hard enough to supposedly rupture her ear drum. Add to that, the family and Agent have begged and even pushed him into rehab and he said no or left on his own. NFL is investigating, and may suspend him until he gets his act together....so no Jerrah won't sign him, and neither will anyone else. If Rice still can't be signed, I see no way this guy can