Lou Holtz Picks Notre Dame For BCS Title Game

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
That i have to see. Too many teams would wipe the field with them for them to make a BCS football game. I understand Clausen is a 3rd yr starter and should be more talented but does he have any supporting cast to give the ball too and can the defense stop anybody this year ?

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
He also picks ND to win every single week on College Football Gameday, then Mark May has to try and do damage control.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Ok , here's what i think...

Week 1 against Nevada. Nevada isn't a push over and has quietly making some noise. They would love to knock off ND in ND stadium.

Week 2 against Michigan. Not sure what to expect from Michigan this year. This could be a make it/ break it game for each team.

Week 3 against Michigan State. MSU should pretty much have there way with ND. MSU is looking for a good Bowl game this year.

Week 4 against Purdue. Don't know much about Purdue except from what i have seen from there schedule and results from last year. Purdue should win this one handily.

Week 5 against Washington. Hey look a game ND should be favored to win unless UW is better than expected.

Week 6 against USC. Not much to say here. The final score depends on what schedule USC has the previous week and following week. Maybe ND gets lucky and USC overlooks them 'cause they play UCLA soon. USC wins this easily.

Week 7 against Boston College. BC will be favored and cover the spread. BC will be competing in the ACC and looking to win it so a loss to ND would be devastating to their egos. No let down here for BC.

Week 8 against Washington st. Another Game ND should be favored in. WSU will put up a fight but still lose.

Week 9 against Navy. This game every year is entertaining. Navy is slowly becoming the best military team. ND will be favored again as always when they play but i see navy beating ND again.

Week 10 against Pittsburgh. Pitt will roll in this one barring any major injuries. They are favored to win the Big East and a let down and lose against ND would be devastating.

Week 11 against Conneticut. This is an interesting season for UCONN. Can they show last year wasn't a fluke. They lost a lot of players here. This game could be a coin toss and will be easier to pick when the time gets here. Both teams coming in will be looking to finish the year on positive notes and something to build on next year. This is a pick that will wait til time gets closer.

Week 12 against Louisville. UL will win this easily. Too much talent and bottom line i just don't believe in ND this year to upset anybody.

So as of right now i would have to say ND wins 5 games this year but this could change after seeing ND play a few games.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Sad thing is, all they need to do is win 7 and they'll probably get a BCS at-large invite.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Pitt, USC, Michigan St., then one of the games they're favored to win easily. LOL

If their run defense is at all shaky, I would not be a bit shocked to see Nevada pull the shocker in week 1.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Pitt, USC, Michigan St., then one of the games they're favored to win easily. LOL

If their run defense is at all shaky, I would not be a bit shocked to see Nevada pull the shocker in week 1.

So you see them beating BC, Louisiville, UCONN and Navy ? I think the Michigan/ND game will set the year for each team. The loser will go on and fail for the year and winner will go onto fail also ,just not as bad 'cause at least they can say they beat them. LOL