Long Run TE

Lanigiro

I have Tony Gonzalez right now.

Pettigrew, Cooley, Heap, Gresham, Fasano, Shiancoe, Gronk are all on the waivers. And I could probably still swing a trade for Jason Witten using Jahvid Best since I can't see myself not starting Ray Rice or Peyton Hillis. Thoughts?

1 point ppr, 6 per td, TE mandatory

jp51

They're all spotty...but of that list, I like gresham and gronkowski as far as upside goes. Heap and pettigrew are fairly consistent for 4-8 points

Remote Controller

What about Boss, with Barden and Steve Smith out? I have to say that out of the ones you posted I'm likng Fasano the best right now. I also think Thigpen goes to him a bunch.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Fasano blows. The lack of a consistent quality TE hurts that football team. Thigpen might use him this week because he came from a team that didnt have crap to throw to.

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
R. Gronkowski seems the best bet to me. Seems that Brady likes him and that ain't a bad thing.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Yeah but lets keep in mind he was using Hernandez alot more before this breakout week.

Hernandez was the clear guy till this week. Hernandez had 34 rec, 436yds and 2 scores.

Gronk had 3 TDs, but only 14 grabs and 158 yds. All this has done now is muddy the NE TE waters. Now you dont know who is going to be the guy.

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
Gronk is bigger, faster and more athletic than Hernandez; and has great hands according to the NE website.

We'll see. Luckily I had him started in 1 league that I would have lost otherwise, and had him on the bench in the other league that I won anyway.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I agree Gronk is the better athlete. What has me curious is why Hernandez suddenly dropped from 1st string to 3rd for no apparent reason.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
What about 49ers TE Delanie Walker ?? week 8 vs. was 5-rec 85yds on 7 looks, week 10 vs. the Rams Walker had 4-rec. 80yds on 5 looks but no TD's yet this season.

If available might be worth a look

tk1434

I think the increased action for Gronk was just a result of the Pats gameplan. With Gronk in at TE, they could disguise the play as a run, and run an effective play action against an aggressive Steelers D. Hernandez will be fine.

Remote Controller

I think the increased action for Gronk was just a result of the Pats gameplan. With Gronk in at TE, they could disguise the play as a run, and run an effective play action against an aggressive Steelers D. Hernandez will be fine.
Qb's are the ultimate creatures of habit though. Don't discount the fact that gronk has been used since preseason in this capacity. The fact that Tate is receiving some additional targets these past few weeks has taken away from Hernandez added to the fact that brady loves him some branch.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
So what you're sayin is...don't drop Gronk. I currently have Gonzo in my lineup with Mr Zach Miller on the bench with his sore foot. Can you really start Gronk over Gonzo this week?

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
So what you're sayin is...don't drop Gronk. I currently have Gonzo in my lineup with Mr Zach Miller on the bench with his sore foot. Can you really start Gronk over Gonzo this week?

Heck no. Next game and Belichek probably has him blocking the whole time.

ETA: Maybe he has a good game, but point is, do YOU trust who has a good week in the Pat offense?

tk1434

They play Indy this week. My guess is Gronk is used primarily as a blocker, with Mathis and Freeney coming to rush Brady.

dead Fish

Id go Pettigrew. Out of all those guys, he is the most consistent. He either gets a td or gets some yards. Not going to be the big guy, but he will get you points every week. The others are hit or miss.