LeSean McCoy worth this trade?

2minutedrill

In our 7 player keeper money league I traded away David Wilson and Mike Wallace for McCoy. I really liked the way Wilson played but hate the way the coach handles players. Anyway I have Spiller as my other RB and didn't want 2 RBS that young so I went for McCoy(gambling on Chip Kelly since I had a front row seat(the TV) watching him the past 4 years). Wallace gave me heartburn most weeks so was glad to throw him in.

Rest of my probable squad is Brady, Welker, Garcon, Nicks, and the last spot. I have F.Jax, Mendy, J.Rodgers, Bradshaw and Dwyer and hope to turn one or all into another #2 WR or TE. Anyway, with this lineup I probably have the 4th or 5th best team in the league. IT'S A REALLY RUFF & TOUGH LEAGUE!!!
(Go Professional Football League)

cctekguy

Staff member
Not worth it in my opinion but I've never been a Shady fan anyway. Philly scares me. The organization is upside down.

McCoy is gonna cost a #1 to keep but still, he has proven he can be a stud.

Wilson is young and unproven but with the leaving of Bradshaw there is a lot of upside to this guy...and he only cost a #17 to keep. He could just be the kind of guy that could push the 5th best team over the top for several years to come along with a young Spiller, who is also cheap to keep (#16).

Throw in Brady for a #10 and Welker for a #9 and it looks like the kind of team I'd love to have.

Dumping Wallace might not have been a bad idea. No telling where he'll end up so the jury is still out.

I would have kept Wilson and traded Wallace for a cheaper WR and/or TE. Go into the draft with my #1 and #2 picks having a qb 2 startable rbs 3 startable wrs and 1 te.

Go rb/rb with the top 2 picks or rb/wr (depending on who's there) and pray that Mark's team plane crashes.

2minutedrill

I do have some buyers remorse on McCoy. Hoping he has a comeback year and the rest of the team helps him. Thing is, I like kelly's thinking on coaching. Grab the biggest lead you can and keep your foot on the gas. Hope the nfl doesnt change him too much.

cctekguy

Staff member
I'm just anal about that #1 pick (even though McCoy will be better than anything you could have drafted with your #1). i think the combination of Wilson + your 1st pick will be better than McCoy.

I tried to trade Martin to the guy you traded Wilson to for that same reason. Rather have Wilson + #1 than just Martin. But...stuck with Martin and no pick until 3:9. In other words...stuck with the same team I had last year, just a change in bench players.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
In our 7 player keeper money league I traded away David Wilson and Mike Wallace for McCoy. I really liked the way Wilson played but hate the way the coach handles players. Anyway I have Spiller as my other RB and didn't want 2 RBS that young so I went for McCoy(gambling on Chip Kelly since I had a front row seat(the TV) watching him the past 4 years). Wallace gave me heartburn most weeks so was glad to throw him in.

Rest of my probable squad is Brady, Welker, Garcon, Nicks, and the last spot. I have F.Jax, Mendy, J.Rodgers, Bradshaw and Dwyer and hope to turn one or all into another #2 WR or TE. Anyway, with this lineup I probably have the 4th or 5th best team in the league. IT'S A REALLY RUFF & TOUGH LEAGUE!!!
(Go Professional Football League)

I am with you on Wilson, not sure he takes over, and not sure how NYG will use him. But I think Wallace ends up in Miami or some other WR starved team and shines.

My only fear is Kelly is not objectionable to RBBC. Having McCoy and Brown to carry the load, assuming Brown can hang onto the ball, means less chances for McCoy, but then again, he might be more explosive for it.

Not a terrible deal, but I think you may be at risk some

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Brown worries me as to the TD's that Wilson will score. I think he'll have to score from longer range because Brown is going to be the goal line back.