Lane Kiffin to be named next coach at USC!!

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Who is the next coach at USC???

Early short list Im hearing (In no order):

Mike Riley, Oregon State
Jim Harbaugh, Stanford
Mike Bellotti, Oregon

Very interesting that theyd keep it all in the Pac-10...

dukdown

Banned
I'll be surprised if they don't hire from within. That's one of the most talented coaching staffs in the nation.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'll be stunned if they hire from within, this is one of the highest profile jobs in the nation.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
They have a bit of a mess to clean up, whomever it is. Carroll did a great job of rebuilding the program, but there are some questions about how he did it.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Jeff Fisher will die as head coach of the Titans.

Del Rio, thats very interesting, considering he was and still has the option to opt out of coaching the Panthers in 2010.

The guys certainly all business, but can he recruit?

Remote Controller

Jeff Fisher will die as head coach of the Titans.

Del Rio, thats very interesting, considering he was and still has the option to opt out of coaching the Panthers in 2010.

The guys certainly all business, but can he recruit?
Fisher wouldn't leave for the College job. He would switch teams though, and Adams gave him an out this season when he usurped some power by making a decision for Fisher. Fisher had breech of contract if he wanted out. Adams made the right decision for him though.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
From rotoworld,

SI's Peter King reports that Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio is making calls to potential staff members in anticipation of leaving Jacksonville for USC.

Meanwhile, the Florida Times Union reports Del Rio is safe if he wants to stay with the Jags. He's meeting with owner Wayne Weaver on Tuesday. In light of this latest development, however, it's possible Del Rio might intentionally tank the "interview" with Weaver to coach his alma mater. Oregon State's Mike Riley, Washington's Steve Sarkisian, and Titans coach Jeff Fisher have already turned down the Trojans, who are running out of high-profile options.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Mike

Administrator
If an NFL head coach was to make this move, I think it would be Del Rio. I would rather see him stay at the NFL level, because I think he is a damn good coach, but the situation in Jacksonville is not stable. Good chance this team gets sold and moves to the West Coast, and upon a sale, no job is safe.

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
Lane wont leave Tennessee. Hes got a good gig there at a top notch program.

I didn't think so and no rumor about it in Knoxville, but hell, you never know.

And thanks for calling us a "Top notch program"!! :grin::grin::grin: