LaMont Jordan to sign with Broncos along with JJ Arrington

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
The deal with J.J. Arrington didn't make it through so the Broncos went in another direction. Initially Doogie McDaniels wanted a big back and a fast back. Now he has a big back and a fat back both who are injury risks. This is a verbal agreement for two years and $2.5 mil. The backfield becomes very muddy with Buckhalter and Jordan signing with the new coaching staff and Shannahan holdover Ryan Torrain and Selvin Young. Look for Young to be the next casualty and for the Broncos to go after a back in the middle of the draft.

Linky

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Gut tells me Young and Torrain may be gone. New coach wants new blood I guess

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Young is all but done. Torrain should be gone but may hang around for his potential.......potential for another injury.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Gut tells me Young and Torrain may be gone. New coach wants new blood I guess

Well Jordan is familiar with his offense and is productive when healthy. Its about the only move, besides Dawkins, that doesn't have me scratching my head.

Coachnorm

Not so fast it's Arrington also. :)

Arrington signed a four-year, $10 million contract with the Broncos on Wednesday, the Denver Post reports.

efactor

Coming at you
Not so fast it's Arrington also. :)

Arrington signed a four-year, $10 million contract with the Broncos on Wednesday, the Denver Post reports.

Status quo for fantasy owners in 2009. Was hoping they would stop at Buckhalter, but nooooooooooo.............

Assuming good health, not a bad collection of situational RBs. Much improved over the Pittman/Young/Hall group that they had to start 2008 with..........

Phicinfan

Administrator
NOW it fits.

NE vs. Denver
Faulk = Arrington
Maroney/Jordan = Jordan
Morris = Buckhalter

Welcome to NE rb situation WEST!

efactor

Coming at you
I'm, pretty thankful they didn't stop at CBuck.

As as fan, yeah. I was thinking in terms of a selfish Hillis owner who thought he might be able to get a draft pick for him before cutdown day...........:xpissed:

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
It should also be noted that Arrington signed the longest and lucrative of the three signings. 4 year and 10 mil sends a better signal for ff owners than the 2 year contracts signed by CBuck and Jordan. Of those two Jordan is only on the hook for $500k and is the most likely to get canned if both CBuck and Arrington work out.

Phic's analysis is freaking awesome. I can see it working out that way.

RLLD

NOW it fits.

NE vs. Denver
Faulk = Arrington
Maroney/Jordan = Jordan
Morris = Buckhalter

Welcome to NE rb situation WEST!

Status quo in Denver; no idea which back will start, which one you should consider holding as your #4 "what if" back :xpopcorn:

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
CBuck will be the guy until he blows a knee. Of all the backs on the roster he's the one who has performed when called to be the main guy. He's a dual threat who can play on third down. The Morris comparison is ideal. Morris stepped up and performed very well until he was injured. So of all the backs now on the roster Buckhalter should be the guy you gamble on. I don't see him getting 20 carries per game but when given 10 carries and 8 receptions a game he's been able to score well for ff owners.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
CBuck will be the guy until he blows a knee. Of all the backs on the roster he's the one who has performed when called to be the main guy. He's a dual threat who can play on third down. The Morris comparison is ideal. Morris stepped up and performed very well until he was injured. So of all the backs now on the roster Buckhalter should be the guy you gamble on. I don't see him getting 20 carries per game but when given 10 carries and 8 receptions a game he's been able to score well for ff owners.

You can't be serious. Reid would apparently run an obiously injured Westbrook into the ground rather than give meaningful snaps to CBuck. Dude's had at least three serious knee surgeries.

I don't know the extent of Jordan's back issues, but if they're minor/gone he has got to be the lead dog in the offense. He looked pretty good in New England's push to get into the playoffs.

efactor

Coming at you
You can't be serious. Reid would apparently run an obiously injured Westbrook into the ground rather than give meaningful snaps to CBuck. Dude's had at least three serious knee surgeries.

Good point. Buckhalter has NEVER been "the main guy". Decent fill in, but nothing more. With his injury history, I have doubts about his ability to handle even a 50 percent load on a week to week basis............

Phicinfan

Administrator
Oh come on you two. If you have Westbrook..and their recievers...you HAVE to run Westbrook into the ground. Buckhalter IS the best of the backs they got. Jordan is more injury prone due to back and such than Bucky is.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Oh come on you two. If you have Westbrook..and their recievers...you HAVE to run Westbrook into the ground. Buckhalter IS the best of the backs they got. Jordan is more injury prone due to back and such than Bucky is.

Anyone know what the official word is on Jordan's back? The issue never even came up in New England. He had a lingering calf injury but I can't recall a single mention of his back. Considering the meager amount he signed for, it could still be an issue but at the moment I really don't feel obligated to worry about it.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing

My point exactly. Jordan was a stud in Oakland before the coaches started sniffing glue. Since then he's not been close to that form. CBuck in spot duty last year put up 600 total yards and a bunch of scores. Not too bad and more recent than Jordan who couldn't make it onto the field with a suspect Pats backfield.

Remote Controller

I like Buck the best. The real question is, what type of offense and blocking scheme? You used tobe able to plug in a back and get results. Will that change?

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
L.Jordans last 3 games with NE...
12 att // 97 yds // 8.1 per // 1 TD
20 att // 78 yds // 3.9 per // 2 TD
20 att // 64 yds // 3.2 per // 1 TD